Raccoon Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindi Davis

Reaction score
This is a Lucky who is a broken black and Big show who is REW Flemish daughter Very Strange markings

Attachments

• Kits 234.jpg
    Kits 234.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,074
TY Garden lady yes she is big, She is 17 weeks old and way bigger than Mom and a goofball LOL

She looks like a football player with that black under the eyes to cut down the glare from the sun. :)

Too funny. I'd love to see if the markings change in a couple of weeks. Fawkes had a big X on his forehead a couple of weeks ago. It's now been absorbed into the coat.

Big Girl! Love her coloring, even with the "Raccoon" eyes. Makes me think of those "punk" rocker chicks, with the heavy makeup. lol Never know, she could be the new "Kiss" member.

Karen

Could they be weird Californian-type markings? Are her feet dark also?

MamaSheepdog":2hkejozd said:
Could they be weird Californian-type markings? Are her feet dark also?
the rest of her body ,at present anyway, is a light light light beige/tannish color with some dark tips. Needless to say she will be interesting to watch as she matures. Right now she wants a Boyfriend but.... it aint happening till spring lol she's only a little over 4 months and almost 9 lbs

Cindi Davis":gdvo061w said:
she's only a little over 4 months and almost 9 lbs

Holy guacamole! Let's hope she passes that astounding growth rate on! :p

Hehe maybe a new Variety of Flemish ? Raccoon Sable

__________ Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:46 pm __________

Here are some side view's of Raccoon Rabbit

__________ Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:48 pm __________

Not the best pose but... it is what it is<br /><br />__________ Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:49 pm __________<br /><br />

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 987
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 987
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 987
Do you have sable and nonextension in your lines because it looks very much like a shedding sable point. Chin and nonextension would also get you the same type of color with frosty point/ermine.

Akane I can go back 4 generations on her mothers side and Nope on sable, its blue's blacks and black brokens . BUT beyond that well its anyone's guess. There is also a broken frosty out of this litter and 3 Chinchilla color's. Next year will be Luckys last breeding year she will be 3 yrs old Im going to try her with the SF Cross buck.

Does she have any Californian in her? I wonder if she is "frosty" because she got too cold?

I am going to move this to Rabbit Colors and Genetics to help solve the mystery of her color.

The mother is easy. She's contributing the rew gene. REw is recessive to sable and chin so the sire just needs to contribute sable or chin to get the other colors. It's the buck we question not the doe.

There is also a broken frosty out of this litter and 3 Chinchilla color's
That is definitely Sable point.

If that's a sable point the other offspring cannnot be chins and frosty or the sire has to be some type of chin.

This is the BUCKS color ancestry Black, REW, Steel,Bew. and they are out of a BLackx3, Sandy, Blue, white, Steel, Fawn
I dont know whats back further

__________ Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 am __________

TY MammaS Im glad you put this here Im really getting an education on genetics with this one<br /><br />__________ Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:36 am __________<br /><br />I will be breeding BigGurl in April. I have a Black Steel buck FG, a REW NZ
and a Chocolate Steel tip NZ Cross and Random Rabbit the wanna be Silver Fox.
Now Im thinking not the FG as she is a first timer and dont want to breed to a big buck BUT!! she is a BigGurl (LOL)

Why can't the others be chin or frosty? Sable point is non extension self, with the CHIN gene. Chinchilla is straight agouti and frosty is a red or non extension agouti with the chinchilla gene present. In the bucks background all the tools are there to create these.. Fawn has supplied the non extension, The REW and BEW have most likely supplied the chin genes(hidden though)...There are blacks that have supplied the self genes and there are Sandys and fawns that have supplied the agouti genes. All these recessive genes plus a couple dominants have combined in random and mysterious ways to get this litter, quite amazing actually! :)

Devon's Mom Lauren":1i7dn0dz said:
Why can't the others be chin or frosty? Sable point is non extension self, with the CHIN gene. Chinchilla is straight agouti and frosty is a red or non extension agouti with the chinchilla gene present. In the bucks background all the tools are there to create these.. Fawn has supplied the non extension, The REW and BEW have most likely supplied the chin genes(hidden though)...There are blacks that have supplied the self genes and there are Sandys and fawns that have supplied the agouti genes. All these recessive genes plus a couple dominants have combined in random and mysterious ways to get this litter, quite amazing actually! :)

LOL :? is what Im feeling right now, This is all new to me and quite interesting

Back