Rabbit Zinger Stun Gun - Video

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver0202

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I put up a youtube video using the "Rabbit Zinger" stun gun for dispatching a rabbit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DF12Wf_zm8&feature=share&list=UUWeKOluQhkeTHkqV5rN_avQ[/youtube]

Just one of the many methods of humanely killing a rabbit.

s.

Yea, just far too expensive and then the bands need special care. I would rather see metal springs than rubber when I'm paying that much for a product.

ChickiesnBunnies":31s5i88c said:
Yea, just far too expensive and then the bands need special care.

Agreed. I have to admit, it is insanely expensive. I do wipe down the bands and store them in a cool place. I'll be curious to find out how long they will last. I'm glad I made the investment though as it works every time..

s.

that was a great video.very well shot. I went on to watch the second video and found it very informative. thank you.

while i still dont think i would be willing to try cleaning a rabbit on my own. I at least have a much better idea of how it is done.

Was also nice to see an alternate way to kill the rabbit beyond the wringer, and a hammer.

Learn something new every day! I had no idea that wetting the rabbit down would help keep the fur off the meat. I'm going to start doing that immediately. Thanks for sharing!

ollitos":1dc8968y said:
Learn something new every day! I had no idea that wetting the rabbit down would help keep the fur off the meat. I'm going to start doing that immediately. Thanks for sharing!

I saw that video on another site.
It's amazing the amount of effort
and expense involved with dispatching
an animal under ten pounds. Not trying to
sound 'flippant' nor negative. I've seen
folks spend money on items that are
completely unbelievable.

Keep a 'mister' bottle handy.
A few spritzes will keep the hair
from flying around. It's handy from what
I've been told. I don't have much trouble
with hair the way I butcher. Probably ought
to give it a try....couldn't hurt.

grumpy.

We always end up with hair on the meat and I waste a lot of time getting it off. Guess I need to go to grumpy butchering school! :)

ollitos":o0btm8w9 said:
We always end up with hair on the meat and I waste a lot of time getting it off. Guess I need to go to grumpy butchering school! :)

LOL......I'll see what I can do about
getting the video back online. Maybe Maggie J.
will sticky it for the folks. It's a nifty
little show.

Of course, the main character
is an ornery old fart! :p

:x me! :x

grumpy":39yer4tf said:
ollitos":39yer4tf said:
It's amazing the amount of effort
and expense involved with dispatching
an animal under ten pounds.

Agreed, that stun gun is expensive and probably cost prohibitive for most people. It should only cost $50. It doesn't, because it takes one guy a day or two to handmake it. But the idea here is to stun the animal insensible to pain prior to slaughter. That had me convinced.

s.

I can't watch the video on my kindle. As I butcher I have a hose running nearby. After the kill I wet them down before I start to butcher out. I get itchy with the hair getting on me and find it keeps meat cleaner. I have tried butchering dry and wet and prefer wet.

Back