Rabbit Tolerance for Drastic Drop in Temperature?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
I have finished a 3-hole cage for my JW's, and want to get them moved in (or out, more accurately!) as soon as possible.

The problem is, they have been living a life of luxury in the heated house. We are expecting overnight lows in the twenties on Thursday and Friday.

I plan to cover the back, sides, and top with Tyvek feed bags, give them BunnyBuckets, and possibly some bedding in a box or something.

I know they wont freeze or anything- but do you think it would be too stressful for them? Or would a woolly be that much more tolerant?

Out of the wind, wet, etc-- bedding for insulation, a bowl of pellets, a hferw handfuls of hay, plenty of fresh water-- your JWs will be quite comfy... The one stressor you won't be able to control very well i are the sounds made by 'critters' such as barking dogs, owls, etc--

I moved Marsha's kits outdoors a couple days ago-- they went form 70 degree house to 20 degree night!! Not a prob-- and they are just around 8 weeks old, and not wooly!

I figured I was being a worrier for no reason- but I sure would hate for something to happen to my Wooly-babies! :oops:

They are going to be kept separate from the Rex herd since I have the dreaded P-word still making the rounds.

Back