Rabbit Taxidermy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd need a barn too for a few Irish Draught x Thoroughbred crosses and an indoor stadium for riding in inclement weather. Throw that all in and I'll buy it today. Wait.... I can pay with monopoly money right?

I have to defend Arizona....yes it is hot very hot but that is only for about four months of the year. And if you don't want that you can live in the mountains...Prescott never gets hot and hardly any snow in the winter. Or Flagstaff lots of snow in the winter..but summer is cool and breezy.Chino Valley is a lot like Prescott. But I like it here...you don't have to shovel sunshine :p

katiebear":3ahbcq0r said:
I have to defend Arizona....yes it is hot very hot but that is only for about four months of the year. And if you don't want that you can live in the mountains...Prescott never gets hot and hardly any snow in the winter. Or Flagstaff lots of snow in the winter..but summer is cool and breezy.Chino Valley is a lot like Prescott. But I like it here...you don't have to shovel sunshine :p

I've lived in Apache Junction. The climate is gorgeous. Yeah it can be hot, but it's dry heat.

98 degrees feels VERY different when sweat won't evaporate.
Found this online, from here: http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-E ... cities.php

Most Humid Cities in the United States
Average relative humidity (%) for the most humid cities City Humidity
New Orleans, Louisiana 75.9
Jacksonville, Florida 75.8
Houston, Texas 74.7
Orlando, Florida 74.1
Tampa, Florida 74.1
San Francisco, California 73.7
Seattle, Washington 73.3
Miami, Florida 73.2
Portland, Oregon 73.2
Rochester, New York 72.6

Notice how 4 of those cities are in Florida ??? I'm pretty sure the whole state is what I'd consider to be intolerably humid. :( My husband grew up east coat, so he doesn't realize how nice dry heat can be.

Ahahahahahaha. See? Rochester is last on that list. So we have some of the worst humidity AND a ton of snow too. Lovely. I really do need to move. When it's 90 here people melt.

LOL! you guys make me laugh so I don't mind!

Check out the finished product!

rabbit_soft_mount_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d8ns9ks.jpg

those soft sculpture pelts are nice... you said you're having trouble getting the face size correct, have you tried using a 'cottontail' rabbit mould? I've seen a few available online. I don't know if anyone makes a domestic rabbit face mould.

Syberchick70":3sftqzyc said:
those soft sculpture pelts are nice... you said you're having trouble getting the face size correct, have you tried using a 'cottontail' rabbit mould? I've seen a few available online. I don't know if anyone makes a domestic rabbit face mould.

Syberchick, a form for a cottontail (which average under 3 lbs) is way too small for a 10+ lb doe. I find them to be too small for 5 lb fryers.

Zass":3gi9txii said:
Syberchick70":3gi9txii said:

Syberchick, a form for a cottontail (which average under 3 lbs) is way too small for a 10+ lb doe.

Oh! Well, that shows what I know ;)

Syberchick70":15zjmwef said:
Zass":15zjmwef said:
Syberchick70":15zjmwef said:

Syberchick, a form for a cottontail (which average under 3 lbs) is way too small for a 10+ lb doe.

Oh! Well, that shows what I know ;)

Yep! Zass said it! cottontail form would have been way too small. This Jackrabbit form fit okay, it's just that it has a 'wild hare' rabbit look to it. I could have added clay and shaved it down but my client didn't mind at all. So, I left it. :)

I know of someone that mounts the dwarf breeds and she don't even use a form just wood-wool and they turn out great.

Thanks everyone! Stay tunned until next time when I mount a white rabbit and put antlers on it! ;D

Yeah... that's like... ummmm... creepily lifelike. Amazing work but I don't know if I'd be able to sleep with that in the house. LOL I had this weird great uncle when I was very little that scared the crap out of us with stuff hunting trophies. I can appreciate the stuff now that I'm not a freaked out toddler, but being near it would probably keep me awake at night.

Latest posts

Back