Rabbit Talk Mini Convention at Saturday's Cajun Classic

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sagebrush":3krjp6nf said:
When will the Fort Worth convention be?

The official "ribbon cutting" for the convention will probably occur on either Thursday October 30th or Friday October 31st, and it will end the morning of Wednesday November 5th. It's being held at the Will Rogers Memorial Coliseum.

ilovehome":3c9yn1iv said:
I was there and missed this opportunity... :(

Well, at least now you can rest easier, knowing that you got your "opportunity". Nice to finally get to meet you and know who you are!!

For those you who weren't there, we were both at Canton, TX yesterday for the East TX RBA show. Great event!!

Yes, It was a great event! I look forward to next year. It was nice meeting you "officially" yesterday. The only negative was I had the only G Chin there after they went through the trouble to sanction the breed because others planned to attend. :( Picked up my new Lilacs, sold a few buns and did great with my elops, so it was a fantastic weekend. :)

Beekeeper10":3lx2n48p said:
I can't believe I missed this thread up until now.
It was nice to be able to meet & visit with everybody the other day. Sorry we missed you ilovehome.
Nice pictures Miss M. I think those are two lucky Cals. to be where they are.
We need to plan a big Rabbit Talk get together in Fort Worth for Convention.
Thanks, Beekeeper! :) They have relaxed some now, and they are looking so nice. Nefertiti scared me for a day or so, when I realized she hadn't really eaten anything but hay. Sprinkled her pellets liberally with oats, and that did the trick! :)

Then, a couple of days ago, I must not have done the latch well (the ones on this borrowed bank are different from the ones I have). She had the run of the chicken coop for a little while. Thankfully, she doesn't seem to have injured herself at all, and the chickens were already roosting when she escaped. Galadriel caught her easily, and she didn't fight at all. :)

Peach":3lx2n48p said:
Miss M":3lx2n48p said:
I know! We'll design an RT badge! :p Something RT members can print out and wear at a show, and perhaps we can find each other that way?
I think we seriously need to do this and maybe even add our screen name to it! LOL Although I have gotten use to the nickname Peach in the showroom. I know that the only people that know it are RT folk! :)
Galadriel has started working on one. :p

Peach":3lx2n48p said:
I love this! Beautiful coop/ quarantine area. I really think I'll want to build something like this one day! Bonus, gorgeous buns!
Thank you! :p They really are gorgeous, and I can't wait to see how they improve our rabbitry! :)

Sagebrush":3lx2n48p said:
Anyway can I use your rabbit barn idea Miss M? I need to make a new barn for my property.
Absolutely! :) There are lots of setups in the gallery that you might want to look at, too, to see if there are any changes you'd make, or another style of rabbitry you like better. :p Mine is there, with lots of pictures showing the construction of it.

SatinsRule":3lx2n48p said:
ilovehome":3lx2n48p said:
I was there and missed this opportunity... :(

Well, at least now you can rest easier, knowing that you got your "opportunity". Nice to finally get to meet you and know who you are!!

For those you who weren't there, we were both at Canton, TX yesterday for the East TX RBA show. Great event!!
COOL! :p Glad you were able to meet SatinsRule, Ilovehome!!!

I really don't see how we'd be able to make it to Convention in Dallas/FW. It's not a trip we can afford right now. :(

ILH, hang in there. Giant Chins are very much a hit or miss breed. Satins were very much like that when I first came back to the showrooms. Now I am used to seeing a few other breeders come in with a few of them, too, and it is encouraging. The key for me was that I just didn't give up. You shouldn't either.

Lilacs will likely be the same way for a while. It's a struggling breed on the grand scale, but stay with it long enough and you'll see the numbers begin to pick up as they see you becoming competitive with them. Once that happens, other breeders and newbies will become interested in them. Again, just don't give up.

Latest posts

Back