Rabbit Talk Mini Convention at Saturday's Cajun Classic

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
You just never really know who is going to show up at a show in Louisiana, I guess.

Myself, Bunny Wan Kenobi, Beekeeper and Miss M all had the chance to meet and chat on Saturday at the LRBA's Cajun Classic in Houma, LA. What a fantastic time we had chatting and becoming acquainted.

Don't forget Galadriel! :p

My mom and my husband were there, too, and we had an amazing time talking to SatinsRule and Beekeeper! It was so much fun.. Such a treat!

We walked into the show, and spotted Beekeeper almost immediately. He was already smiling at us. He had recognized our minivan from photos around our place! :p

We had a lovely time chatting and looking at his beautiful Cali's (y'all remember his buck from a March show). We bought a really nice pair of does from him, young 11-week-olds. I can't wait to see how they grow out!

Beekeeper told us that SatinsRule was also there! So we all went over and got to meet him, too. :p

Met an exceptional blue Satin buck that would make a fun house bunny, and got to see the difference between a Californian and a Cal Satin. (Oh my goodness... Satin fur!!!)

We just had the best time spending time with a couple of RT members! I'll post a couple of pix later. :D

I'm glad you all got to meet! I love meeting RT members- it is like reuniting with old friends. :)

I can't wait to see your new does, Miss M! Boy... quite the RT herd you have going on, with one from OAF already! :p

Several years back, Donna Douglass (Ellie Mae Clampett from "The Beverly Hillbillies") happened into the showroom at one of the shows down in South LA.

Like I said, you just never know who you're gonna run into at a LA show. I'll likely spend more time going to them in the future. At the very least, I get the pleasure of telling everyone I meet that I go to shows ranging from WI to LA and TX. <br /><br /> __________ Mon May 26, 2014 11:41 pm __________ <br /><br /> And Miss M, the one thing we all did learn about Joe Pa was that he has an "affection" for hairy arms. :lol: Nuff said!!!

SatinsRule":3evmj0i0 said:
Sorry, Galadriel. I could not remember the name to save my life.
:lol: It's not the easiest name to remember, so don't feel bad!

MamaSheepdog":3evmj0i0 said:
I'm glad you all got to meet! I love meeting RT members- it is like reuniting with old friends. :)

I can't wait to see your new does, Miss M! Boy... quite the RT herd you have going on, with one from OAF already! :p
This was my first chance to meet other RT members, and you're right... it was like reuniting with old friends! :D

Sorry I haven't posted the new bunnies yet... we were hardly here Saturday and Sunday, and I didn't have a lot of access to the computer the pix were on today. Maybe I'll get them up tomorrow.

MaggieJ":3evmj0i0 said:
Glad y'all had a chance to meet and get acquainted! What fun! :D
It was a blast! And this show was much larger than the other one we went to. We actually left this one discussing getting into Blanc de Hotots. :p

ilovehome":3evmj0i0 said:
I was there and missed this opportunity... :(
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I know! We'll design an RT badge! :p Something RT members can print out and wear at a show, and perhaps we can find each other that way?

Several years back, Donna Douglass (Ellie Mae Clampett from "The Beverly Hillbillies") happened into the showroom at one of the shows down in South LA.
No kidding!!! That's really cool!

And Miss M, the one thing we all did learn about Joe Pa was that he has an "affection" for hairy arms. :lol: Nuff said!!!
:rotfl:

I wasn't going to bring it up... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SatinsRule":11e2s5mn said:
Sorry, Galadriel. I could not remember the name to save my life.
S'okay! Unless you've seen(or read)the "Lord of the Rings" a lot"(like me!), it's easy to mix up or forget names, even the ones belonging to super powerful elves! :lol:

ilovehome":11e2s5mn said:
I was there and missed this opportunity... :(
You were there?! We missed you??!! :cry:

Miss M":11e2s5mn said:
I know! We'll design an RT badge! Something RT members can print out and wear at a show, and perhaps we can find each other that way?
GO MOM!!! Let's do that!!! :p :p :p

Peach, the show was very well run, and believe it or not, you came up in our conversations. I mentioned how I met you at Harrisburg last year, and you were absolutely awesomely beautiful, and everyone was agreeing with me. :mrgreen:

SatinsRule":1v03n9vw said:
Peach, the show was very well run, and believe it or not, you came up in our conversations. I mentioned how I met you at Harrisburg last year, and you were absolutely awesomely beautiful, and everyone was agreeing with me. :mrgreen:
He speaks the truth. :yes:

__________ Tue May 27, 2014 10:03 pm __________

SatinsRule's deep blue buck Joe Pa investigating Bunny-Wan Kenobi... I don't do faces online :) :

bluesatin_zps0e508651.jpg

Quarantine area in the chicken coop for the 11-week-old Cali does from Beekeeper:

quarantine1_zpse4007dc1.jpg

quarantine2_zpsd20de806.jpg

Nefertiti (K1):

nefertiti_zpsbd462fa4.jpg

Our buck's name is Pharaoh, so Nefertiti had to be the name of one of them. :p

Niyuki (K2):

niyuki_zpsbd425463.jpg

Our first Californian doe's name was Yuki, which means "snow" in Japanese (they were studying Japanese on their own at the time). They wanted to name this doe "second snow", but didn't know exactly what that was in Japanese. Rather than wait to get home and look it up, they decided to call her "two snow" -- "ni" means two, and "yuki". So that's where Niyuki came from. :lol:

They are doing well, though they are a bit unique in their version of scaredness. Usually, a new rabbit will go to a far corner and flinch as I give it a scritch for the first few days/weeks. These girls also pull their heads into their bodies as much as they can, putting their noses almost to the wire floor, and tense up into little furry rocks! :lol: They'll get used to us eventually, I'm sure. :D They are so cute!

I can't believe I missed this thread up until now.
It was nice to be able to meet & visit with everybody the other day. Sorry we missed you ilovehome.
Nice pictures Miss M. I think those are two lucky Cals. to be where they are.
We need to plan a big Rabbit Talk get together in Fort Worth for Convention.

SatinsRule":1t9m8p9v said:

Yall are too sweet! Making me blush! :) How can I possibly miss this show now?! I've met a handful of RT folk and it has seriously been the best experiences ever. It's amazing to hear so many in one place.

Miss M":1t9m8p9v said:
I know! We'll design an RT badge! :p Something RT members can print out and wear at a show, and perhaps we can find each other that way?

I think we seriously need to do this and maybe even add our screen name to it! LOL Although I have gotten use to the nickname Peach in the showroom. I know that the only people that know it are RT folk! :)

Miss M":1t9m8p9v said:
SatinsRule":1t9m8p9v said:
He speaks the truth. :yes:

__________ Tue May 27, 2014 10:03 pm __________

SatinsRule's deep blue buck Joe Pa investigating Bunny-Wan Kenobi... I don't do faces online :) :

bluesatin_zps0e508651.jpg

Quarantine area in the chicken coop for the 11-week-old Cali does from Beekeeper:

quarantine1_zpse4007dc1.jpg

quarantine2_zpsd20de806.jpg

Nefertiti (K1):

nefertiti_zpsbd462fa4.jpg

Our buck's name is Pharaoh, so Nefertiti had to be the name of one of them. :p

Niyuki (K2):

niyuki_zpsbd425463.jpg

Our first Californian doe's name was Yuki, which means "snow" in Japanese (they were studying Japanese on their own at the time). They wanted to name this doe "second snow", but didn't know exactly what that was in Japanese. Rather than wait to get home and look it up, they decided to call her "two snow" -- "ni" means two, and "yuki". So that's where Niyuki came from. :lol:

They are doing well, though they are a bit unique in their version of scaredness. Usually, a new rabbit will go to a far corner and flinch as I give it a scritch for the first few days/weeks. These girls also pull their heads into their bodies as much as they can, putting their noses almost to the wire floor, and tense up into little furry rocks! :lol: They'll get used to us eventually, I'm sure. :D They are so cute!

I love this! Beautiful coop/ quarantine area. I really think I'll want to build something like this one day! Bonus, gorgeous buns!

I will make it if able! Again with my boys though :lol: depends on what their dad says about it. Anyway can I use your rabbit barn idea Miss M? I need to make a new barn for my property. 3/4 acre that I have so many plans for :lol:

Latest posts

Back