Rabbit Jumping

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! So when you start them out, do you start on Cross Bars so they learn to stay in the center? I know it works well for young horses.

Okay. I'm already hooked on this.

I've seen the rabbits being jumped in a harness? Is that the normal so they don't take off? Is there ever a course that's walled in on both sides and you just turn bunny loose?

oh criminy. I used to take my Gordon Setter with me out on the cross country runs with the horses....Now I'm having a visual of myself taking THE RABBIT with me! :roll:

Anntann":6h6ooq8h said:
oh criminy. I used to take my Gordon Setter with me out on the cross country runs with the horses....Now I'm having a visual of myself taking THE RABBIT with me! :roll:

Watch out-- instead of hounds chasing the rabbit-- the rabbit will be sending the dogs to ground as the horse merrily jumps the fences and the horns sound.

I like the set-ups I've seen on tables where you just turn the rabbit loose and he goes down the jumps on the table as fast he can. Kind of reminds me more of Flyball with dogs!

Anntann":3va6vrkn said:
Wow! So when you start them out, do you start on Cross Bars so they learn to stay in the center? I know it works well for young horses.

Okay. I'm already hooked on this.

I've seen the rabbits being jumped in a harness? Is that the normal so they don't take off? Is there ever a course that's walled in on both sides and you just turn bunny loose?

you ususally get them used to the harness first, after that just get them goign over poles lying on the ground in a straight line, and you just up the heights once they get good at them.
The harness is there as a safety precaution, incase the rabbit get scareds/ bolts from a sudden loud noise or something. I know many rabbits (who can be trusted lol) that free jump without a harness sometimes.
Most courses at the showa here are only fenced off from the public.
If you have a bunny who dosent like the harness or you dont want to go to shows you can setup any kind of course you want really.

Latest posts

Back