Rabbit Jumping

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulpFaction

Reaction score
Does anyone do rabbit jumping? I'm starting to work with one of my little bucks on it. Very excited. I have grandiose visions forming of an entire rabbit circus!

I want to get one rabbit trained up reasonably well, thinking after the first of the year we can maybe get back on track to get the 4-H group rolling and it would be a fun activity to do. It will be great for doing demos at the fair next year!

I do rabbit jumping! :)
Been doing it for about 4 years.
Well...my rabbit does the jumping...I just do the training. :lol:

If you go to YouTube and search Lilyandjack, or Magic-Star rabbit jumping (or showjumping) my videos will come up. :)
If you ever have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Emily

Awesome! I have a little buck that I'm trying to do some bonding with before we start real training, but he's definitely a hopper. You should see the acrobatics he pulls during play time!

I have a doe I want to start training come spring. She scaled a 6ft bookshelf for treats, she can hop onto my raised bed with no issues (she likes sleeping on my pillows :roll: ) she goes up and down the stairs for fun, and I recently bought (well my mom did) a gently used cage and they tossed in all these harnesses for free.

MaggieJ":22x86pz1 said:
Question for Pickles:

If Pie decides he has a future in rabbit jumping, will you tie his ears up in a bow so that he doesn't trip over them? :D
Thats too funny! :lol:

MaggieJ":1gxt2s07 said:
I suggest blue satin ribbon for the job. It would look nice with his colouring. :)
Yes, of course, cause he has to stay fashionable! LOL! :lol:
True enough though, Ive actually thought about loosely tieing up his ears before to help him when he's running the "bunny 500" around our house and up & down our stairs... he is always stepping on those big floppies of his! Poor fella! :)

Pickles":21pqkg1i said:
MaggieJ":21pqkg1i said:
I suggest blue satin ribbon for the job. It would look nice with his colouring. :)
Yes, of course, cause he has to stay fashionable! LOL! :lol:
True enough though, Ive actually thought about loosely tieing up his ears before to help him when he's running the "bunny 500" around our house and up & down our stairs... he is always stepping on those big floppies of his! Poor fella! :)

:lol: I have a retired Mini Rex doe with a dewlap of epic proportions (it could be a whole other rabbit) she trips over it when she's racing around the house.

DevonW said:
I have a retired Mini Rex doe with a dewlap of epic proportions (it could be a whole other rabbit) she trips over it when she's racing around the house.
LOL! :lol:

I do dog agility ... I cannot fathom the amount of work bunny agility would be :)
I have placed 2 rabbit in agility homes though :)

Pongo":2bu7l09s said:
I do dog agility ... I cannot fathom the amount of work bunny agility would be :)

As opposed to it being more or less work than dog agility? lol.
I've never done dog agility, but that looks like quite a lot of training right there! lol. I'd love to do it one day...maybe when I get a GR. :)

Emily

There is training involved ...
but my rabbits don't seem quite as motivated to make me happy as my dogs ;)

BlueCamasRabbitry":2wk1vrvg said:
Pongo":2wk1vrvg said:

As opposed to it being more or less work than dog agility? lol.
I've never done dog agility, but that looks like quite a lot of training right there! lol. I'd love to do it one day...maybe when I get a GR. :)

Emily

My dog taught herself to do agility. She saw other dogs doing it and decided she could do it too, now even if we so much as drive buy an agility course she goes bonkers.

Yes, I have a rabbit called Rowan who does rabbit jumping. He will be jumping at the Burgess premier small animal show (biggest rabbit show in britain) again this year. This year tho we have some swedish rabbit jumpers coming over, to show us how its done ;) :lol:

Havent managed to do much training recently ( stable leaked so hay bales are now on jumping course lol ) but here are some vids of him doing some jumping in the summer at various compatitions :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Elmbankrabb ... Mx--ZNGDKw

Latest posts

Back