Rabbit chew toys

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Section10

Reaction score
Back when I had rabbits, I would give them some wild apple or poplar twigs and small branches to chew on. They greatly enjoyed these and I will do it again this summer. I was wondering if there would be much of a market for these branches as chew toys. I have a lot of these trees available to me and no spraying ever takes place anywhere near here. Do you think people would be interested in buying some fresh branches of these for their rabbits?
Just curious,
Thank you
Jim

I see apple and mulberry twigs for sale in some pet stores and farm stores. Usually about 3/8 inch diameter and about 4 inches long, 6 or 8 to a pkg for a couple bucks.

Never thought about apple wood. I have a limb of some that I was planning to make a walking stick out of, but it split on me. Maybe I'll cut it up in chunks a put it in their cages!! Thanks for the idea!!

I guess it would all depend on where you live and how many people have rabbits there.

I can see a potential market for pet rabbit owners. Maybe via Facebook, or wherever rabbits are sold in your area (flea markets, local pet stores, etc).

I know my buns love it when they get apple wood to gnaw on.

I have seen people selling lengths of apple branches at rabbit shows, and we had a member that advertised some rabbit safe branches here on RT. I don't think there is a huge market, but if you advertise them well and make them special in some way you could probably increase sales.

I sell handcrafted rabbit toys at shows and online, and it has been pretty lucrative... but they have other elements and are also designed to be hung so the rabbits can't soil them.

You can see them here: https://www.facebook.com/CritterzChewzit or here: critterz-chewzit-handcrafted-rabbit-toys-for-sale-t22891.html

Latest posts

Back