Question: Emailed Pedigrees?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive mailed pedigrees in the mail..ive gotten pedigrees in the mail..ive gotten them through email also..ive never had a problem.

Pedigrees are not legal papers... .A Pedigree is just a paper recording names and weights for personal reference. The signature is that the breeder is declaring that the pedigree is correct to the best of his/her knowledge. Registration papers are totally different and need the pedigree to show 3 generations and weights.

SatinsRule":2fsuu3hv said:
but for anyone to state that there are no signatures necessary, which I seem to recall was what was stated, is not correct.

To complete a *REGISTRATION* application, the person submitting the rabbit (and paperwork) to the registrar must absolutely sign that registration application. I don't think anyone is stating that this signature is not necessary.

What is not *NECESSARY* is that the current owner submit the breeder's signature along with their own to verify that the pedigree is real. I believe this was the original question under discussion -- does the pedigree need to be signed by the breeder in order to have that rabbit registered at some point in the future? And in such a case, no the pedigree does not need to be signed, only the registration application.

Latest posts

Back