Pricing?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have some young rabbits I would like to sell, but I don't know what to price them at. They are pedigreed New Zealands, black and broken black. They come from very good lines from a well known rabbitry in our area. Not many breeders sell NZs here in North ID around this time. They all wait to breed for Easter, and don't breed early enough for the 4h kids. What should I price my rabbits at? Thanks!

What are you selling them for?
I need to wean down my herd. I'm trying to break even on winter costs and profit some for further expenses. They are meat rabbits, and could do well as breeders, pets, or 4h too. Their grandparents won many shows and legs. I haven't put a price on them yet. Whatever doesn't sell will go to freezercamp, but I would like to see them go to homes.

You could probably sell them for more, but for pet rabbits I sell them at $25 and show rabbits are $50

Also turns out people sell Netherlands for a crap ton more than that

Price depends very much on location. I personally have my own mnimum ($25/rabbit as it can go in freezer for less than that). I just sold a proven young broken black non-ped NZ buck for $50. I sell my Tamuk breeders at growout age for $40/doe and $30/buck. I am in an area with few rabbit breeders but that can indicate low demand as much as low supply. One thing I have observed on lists, etc, is that meat rabbit prices tend to be more consistent than pet prices which are much higher. Some area sell rabbits so low I don't know how folks afford to raise them though they likely have a cheaper source of feed than I do. I'll say one thing - SUIT YOURSELF. I had some tell me that I couldn't get more than $25 for my breeding stock but I decided I'd ask what I wanted and I sold out of does last round and could have sold more.

Back