Pregnant rabbit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KindRose

Reaction score
So my pregnant doe is on day seventeen, but she isn’t actually nesting, she is just acting like she is preparing for nesting, like she isn’t pulling fur but she is digging around in her hay and mixing her bedding with it. I also noticed her nipples are pink and she cleans a lot. She also seems pretty tired in the mornings.

I was just trying to see if any of you think it’s a false pregnancy, because it seems that she has been playing with her hay knocking it out of her litter box but she isn’t pulling fur, or nesting really, but she will dig in her litter box. She is going to be a first time mother.

I was just trying to see if any of you think it’s a false pregnancy, because it seems that she has been playing with her hay knocking it out of her litter box but she isn’t pulling fur, or nesting really, but she will dig in her litter box. She is going to be a first time mother.

First-time mothers may not even pull fur at all. Yesterday, my doe had her very first litter and didn't even make an effort to have them in the hay and absolutely no fur pulled. I always save some clean fur from other pregnancies or false pregnancies to use when I need to help a first-time mother who doesn't know what she's doing. After building her a nest myself and putting some fur from another doe who kindled the day before, she began to pull her own fur. Especially if she's very young, she just may not know what to do yet. In that case, you usually see a drastic difference in her second litter.

At least in my experience, if she was pulling fur now, it would be a false pregnancy. To clarify my previous post, mine don't even pull their fur until a couple of days or moments before kindling. So not seeing her pull fur now is fine. Hopefully this is helpful!

We had to cull a doe yesterday, so we put Yoshi in her cage. She immediately went to making a nest, even though she's not due for another few weeks and a little bit over a month ago, which I think is strange.

Cosima said:

When did I say that?

So my pregnant doe is on day seventeen, but she isn’t actually nesting, she is just acting like she is preparing for nesting, like she isn’t pulling fur but she is digging around in her hay and mixing her bedding with it. I also noticed her nipples are pink and she cleans a lot. She also seems pretty tired in the mornings.
That's about Normal depending on the doe in my rabbitry, halfway through, some start to extra prepare, some chill out till that moment lol

That's about Normal depending on the doe in my rabbitry, halfway through, some start to extra prepare, some chill out till that moment lol
Yeah, she is on day twenty now. She lays around a lot, and she cleans around her nipples a lot aswell.

Cosima said:

When did I say that? you didn't...
when you quote someone, you get a quote box. if you type in the quote box, it looks like your typing is part of the quote, like I did above. I think @KindRose might have accidentally just hit the wrong button.

as said above, nesting at days 27+ is normal and anything earlier can be a sign of a false pregnancy (unless your doe is consistent) First time moms tend to be a bit mixed up so watch her and give her what she needs and don't worry too much

Cosima said:

When did I say that?
I am sorry I accidentally wrote in the quote box that was yours.

mine are the same as

mariaheam

they don't usually nest until day of, so I wouldn't sweet it.
Cool! Because just today she was nesting and she would be on day 29 of her pregnancy. So tomorrow is day 30 which means she will probably have them tomorrow! Also how do I post a thread? I have been trying to figure out how to do it

Latest posts

Back