Peanut or runt/unfed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintex

Reaction score
Here are some photos and a short video..quality isn't the best since I was in a hurry.

You can see the video @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAiPVa-5uQ

kit01.jpg

kit02.jpg

Are those back legs deformed? if yes-- peanut. It is a very small litter- number wise-- and despite the huge size difference, could very well be a runt-- or even a few days younger-- gestationally, anyway.

Thanks, guys. How do I go about dispatching a kit? Or just let it fade?

__________ Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:32 pm __________

Frosted Rabbits":21rvddct said:
Are those back legs deformed? if yes-- peanut. It is a very small litter- number wise-- and despite the huge size difference, could very well be a runt-- or even a few days younger-- gestationally, anyway.

The legs do look very 'off' to me. There are also 6 in the litter

they are usually gone by day three, if not I would cull (that would be my choice though as some have let them live). Swift knock on the back of the head works well.

No, the heads are misshapen.they have that round bump at the top.there eyes also are bulgy.Raising Netherland dwarfs i have seen many of these over the years.You also get them in HOlland lops.

Definitely a peanut. If he doesn't die off in a few days (which they usually do) I'd just let him live if you don't want to kill him. Just be sure to send him off as a pet and make sure he's never used for breeding.

Latest posts

Back