Our drought is over! We have popples!!!!!! Update w/pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandainohio24

Reaction score
Our drought is over!!!!! We had 2 litters of Lionhead popples born today!!!!!!! Bluebell, a 1st time mother has given birth to 5 nice and healthy looking little ones. Then her mother also gave birth giving me 7, yes, 7 nice and healthy looking little ones. I cannot wait to see what colors we end up with. This is our 1st breeding with both of the bucks that were used for these does so we should have a nice little mixture of colors. Bluebell was bred to a black tort (she is a blue), then her mother Lilac (a black) was bred to a broken black. I had been expecting litters of 3-4 like the last round of little ones we had so these numbers have blown me away today. I will try to get some pictures later tonight when the does get a treat, otherwise it will be tomorrow when I do a daily nest check. Since it is Bluebell's 1st litter I really don't want to bother her to terribly much at this point.

Attachments

• Newest Litters 003.JPG
    Newest Litters 003.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Newest Litters 005.JPG
    Newest Litters 005.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Newest Litters 006.JPG
    Newest Litters 006.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 245
Happy dance, happy dance... :pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: :cheer2: :cheer1:

:congratulations: Yay!

Of course......it never happened if you don't prove it. Let's have some PICS! :camera3: :popcorn:

Looks like I am going to have another set of babies yet tonight. Our tort doe is pulling fur right now. I do believe she will be bald by the time she is done, lol. So glad I brought the does inside since 2 of our does are 1st time moms.<br /><br />__________ Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:22 am __________<br /><br />Our tort did end up having her little ones last night. Goodness, if my does keep putting out litters like they have been I am going to run out of space when they start weaning! In 3 litters we now have 19 kits born in a 2 day time frame and still have 3 does due yet this month!

Congratulations on all the popples! Make sure to post pics of their "nekkid" sides when they start furring out. :p

DogCatMom":1p2crhbv said:
Congratulations! Looks like they're trying to make it up to you for being difficult earlier....

Bunches of Baby Bunnies! :D
I am almost afraid, we have another doe due tomorrow, 1 due on the 10th, and then another due on the 16th. They have more than made up for being difficult in spades! I guess I have my nationals babies for sure now, lol.

__________ Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:07 pm __________

MamaSheepdog":1p2crhbv said:
Congratulations on all the popples! Make sure to post pics of their "nekkid" sides when they start furring out. :p
Thank you. I sure can. These litters will need to be marked in their ears so if the kids move them and don't put them back in the correct nests I will be able to get them back correctly. Thank goodness for Sharpie markers, lol.<br /><br />__________ Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:37 pm __________<br /><br />Updated pictures that were taken tonight:

4 black (might keep a couple to take to Nationals)
7 black tort (our National show line-up)
2 broken black
4 (not sure if they are blue or smoke pearl just yet, they need more fur before I can tell just yet)
2 rew (our National show line-up)

Still waiting on Flower who was due on the 6th (siamese sable & black tort breeding), Lily who is due on the 10th (rew & black tort breeding), and Princess who is due on the 16th (pointed white & rew breeding).

Attachments

• December 8th babies 004.JPG
    December 8th babies 004.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 212
  • December 8th babies 005.JPG
    December 8th babies 005.JPG
    360.6 KB · Views: 212
  • December 8th babies 007.JPG
    December 8th babies 007.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 212
  • December 8th babies 008.JPG
    December 8th babies 008.JPG