Options for ear mites

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":12yfmm5g said:
garden lady":12yfmm5g said:
How many days do you have to use it?
I've seen several different regimens for it. Generally, every day or every other day for several times, then something like once a week for a few more weeks, just to make sure you catch all the hatching eggs.

You might also treat the rest of your herd, or at least the surrounding rabbits, with non-medicated oil a few times, just to make sure nobunny picks them up. :)

And of all things, the 5 kits and Lulu are next to her and on the other side Snickers. By her pictures on the other thread, does it look like ear mites in the earlier pictures?

The "sweet oil/campho-phenique" thread has just pics of the one bun, I think. What thread do I need to look at?

By the way, I just saw another discussion on mites, and this is what one person said:

"I've heard some folks like camphor-scented mineral oil better than plain, but I use plain and it works well for me. I use a small syringe for dropping the oil into the ear. I only re-treat every 5-6 days on a bad case, and 2-3 doses on that schedule seems to clear it up."

Especially since your bun has a mild case, that regimen is probably sufficient. :)

You can use a cotton ball to coat the whole surface of the ear, then drip oil into the ear.

Miss M":3kpskrh0 said:
The "sweet oil/campho-phenique" thread has just pics of the one bun, I think. What thread do I need to look at?

By the way, I just saw another discussion on mites, and this is what one person said:

"I've heard some folks like camphor-scented mineral oil better than plain, but I use plain and it works well for me. I use a small syringe for dropping the oil into the ear. I only re-treat every 5-6 days on a bad case, and 2-3 doses on that schedule seems to clear it up."

Especially since your bun has a mild case, that regimen is probably sufficient. :)

You can use a cotton ball to coat the whole surface of the ear, then drip oil into the ear.

The The "sweet oil/campho-phenique" has pictures of her ear in Aug. and Sept. and now. I was wondering if her ear looked like she had mites back in Aug. Thank you for the information! It is really helpful. I think I will get the Campho-Phenique in the morning and use the cotton ball to drip it and rub the ear.

Back