On a facebook group

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":322mu4jx said:
wamplercathy":322mu4jx said:
Also, Facebook started something within the last year that's really strange... you'll see a post and it will appear to have no replies. Or you'll see some replies, but only the most recent ones. And there is no indication that it has any previous replies. Maybe they've fixed or changed that now, but it was very strange there for quite a while.

A Plant ID group I was a member of would get all twisted up because people were posting the same answers on things. But how can you tell that anyone else has said it, when you can't see all the replies?

Occasionally you have to expand the comments. It will say in light grey (not the most noticeable color) that there are x comments at the bottom of the post but not show them. It's next to the likes. Sometimes you also have to hit view more comments to get through all the answers. Replies to certain comments will then also have to be expanded to read all of the discussion and often since this isn't done the side topic will repeat itself further down on high traffic posts.

For example (this is just the first thing that was on my news list with hidden comments) there are actually 1000 comments, probably slightly more, on this

akane":1cry4muy said:
Occasionally you have to expand the comments. It will say in light grey (not the most noticeable color) that there are x comments at the bottom of the post but not show them. It's next to the likes. Sometimes you also have to hit view more comments to get through all the answers. Replies to certain comments will then also have to be expanded to read all of the discussion and often since this isn't done the side topic will repeat itself further down on high traffic posts.
What I meant was that there would be a post with no indication at all that there were any comments, or a post with some comments and no indication that there were more. There was nothing to click.

Sometimes, there would be a link to expand comments, and so I would click, and it would expand, and then there would be no indication that there were more to expand. But I'd read the comments, and it would be obvious that some were responses to comments that were not being displayed.

I haven't noticed this issue recently, but when people were getting their panties in a wad on the Plant ID group, I'd post about it. I did that twice. Both times, my post got a lot of likes, so I guess others were having the same problem. :shrug:

Back