Not new, but returning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proof that despite being fed rabbit, some dogs (unlike my nutjob) can differentiate between friends and food! What a good doggo!! ❤️
My dogs would eat them so fast. Once one of my younger rabbits got out and we couldn't find her. We lifted up a bowl to find her with a gaping hole in her leg area. She healed just fine but has a white spot there now. I didn't think she would make it.

They don't really allow poop through. But 1/2×1" also doesn't. Someone really needs to make new floor wire!
View attachment 39990
Clips hardly hold wire. Not worth the hassle.

Can you just flip them daily, rinse every week or two? Such a hassle tho.

I agree about the floor wire. 100% we need better stuff.

Going to cull Gigi. Depending on what she has with Zippy, one might replace her or call culled.

Nana & Cocoa look similar in shape, both grumpy. Going to cull both. Might keep one of Cocoa's as replacement or cull all. Nana is due next week with Gold. Again, if a kit is worth replacing her, it will, otherwise, all culled.

Quin is being culled once kits are old enough. I'm not liking weights on previous litter. If either end up with a good shaped kit, it'll replace her, rest culled.

Haven't for sure gotten kits by Zippy, Jasper or Gold yet. Have bred Zippy a few times, failed with Xoh as the single buck used. Need them to step up or be culled.

Jasper has a sister growing faster than he did. Hope her silvering is as good. Will cull him soon. He didn't really want to breed does I offered a few days ago...

Zippy is by RM11, who was sold, so needing a replacement before culling him. Bred to Gigi due next week.

Gold doesn't need a replacement, but would be nice to see his kits at least before culling. Bred to Nana due next week.

Hoping Goliath gets his act fast. Want to cull Ebony, but want to breed her to him first. Same with Jessi.

I think I'm going to sell Baymax. Same with Rivian if he doesn't produce worthwhile kits soon.

Freckles doe. Not great.
Screenshot_20240228_170642_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240228_170651_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240228_170700_Video Player.jpg
Darkie kits. Adding new hay daily. Saw her grab mouthfuls of fur and eat it. So...definitely not by accident!!
20240228_160451.jpg
Wall didn't stop them. Ugh
20240228_161105.jpg20240228_161107.jpg

Aqua had her kits!!
Sire Rivian. 9 cuties. She was calm at first, but got a bit grumpy when closing them back up. Pulled tons more fur!
Screenshot_20240229_104721_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240229_104758_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240229_104805_Video Player.jpg

RM14, Gigi & Nana are probably going to kit. Ebony, Jessi & Tipsy probably won't. Tipsy got a nest the 26th, pulled some fur. Sits in it ever since. Growly and upset, I think I feel something kit-like, but who knows.

Aqua had her kits!!
Sire Rivian. 9 cuties. She was calm at first, but got a bit grumpy when closing them back up. Pulled tons more fur!
View attachment 40056View attachment 40057View attachment 40058

RM14, Gigi & Nana are probably going to kit. Ebony, Jessi & Tipsy probably won't. Tipsy got a nest the 26th, pulled some fur. Sits in it ever since. Growly and upset, I think I feel something kit-like, but who knows.
Congratulations!!!! That is a lot of fur!!

Tipsy had 2 and at 16F, they unfortunately froze. She did add more fur, but 2 just isn't enough kits to heat each other up.
20240301_110434.jpg20240301_110438.jpg
Everyone else got nests. Jessi feels empty, so didn't get a nest. Moved 11 over so nest and my legs fit by. Lol.
20240301_111312.jpg

Ugh. The 2nd choc kit died. Got out at night and froze...just black left.

Aqua kits, blues and blacks.
Screenshot_20240302_130421_Video Player.jpg

Removed 2 more nests from does that felt empty. Gigi destroyed her nest, had to rebuild it. Nana is living in hers. Ugh.
Nips are flooding pans. Hate them so much.

Tipsy had 2 and at 16F, they unfortunately froze. She did add more fur, but 2 just isn't enough kits to heat each other up.
View attachment 40078View attachment 40079
Everyone else got nests. Jessi feels empty, so didn't get a nest. Moved 11 over so nest and my legs fit by. Lol.
View attachment 40080
What’s interesting is I raise my rabbits in a large free range warren and my first litter this year was born in temps at -40f with no problems. The difference is the rabbits live naturally and can actually cope if they have the necessary requirements . This is a testament to how tough and resilient they species is.

What’s interesting is I raise my rabbits in a large free range warren and my first litter this year was born in temps at -40f with no problems. The difference is the rabbits live naturally and can actually cope if they have the necessary requirements . This is a testament to how tough and resilient they species is.
So, they had 2 kits? If not, not a fair comparison.

Back