• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Zealand Red cross Harlequin rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack":1nnlyiog said:
Yeah, form some reason breeders, thriantas lines (and some judges, like Eric will and do doc for 'incorrect hair type' BTW he hates it, and says it's pointless)
similar size, they would breed a 'type' buck to a NZW trying to up the meat/bone and get the 'compact' frame, the breed the half back into the lines to 'improve' it.

Eric hates having to dock for incorrect hair type, or hates that people breed outside the breed?

The more I talk to Thrianta breeders, the more I discover that my rabbits already have good type for a Thrianta, which actually should not really be straight "compact". I think the current standard is really screwing with the development of the breed. Separate rant entirely, sorry to peel off. :oops:

lol, well, you can tell I have no idea what I am talking about, since I don't show! :D

I am still trying to get a handle on this pedigree thing. I see one REW with an ear# and no name and I figured it was a commercial NZW...but really, I have no idea.

could be both, show and meat tag, think of it this way

If you had a shed with 300 white rabbits of about the same size per age...
how do you tell them apart

Latest posts

Back