New from Kempner Tx

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Big Mac that sounds neat. You have an air conditioner in your rabbitry? How hot does it get? Where are you located?
Yes, a small window unit for now,
This year we had a long string of days over 100, and being new to to rabbits thought it best to keep them cool. Found closing them up cut down the fly problem, and our kits are thriving! We are getting ready to move and are planning for a bigger version of our rabbitry . Mind you there are people who are keeping rabbits in our area that do not go to such effort. We are compassionate to a fault it is said. But we love our little poopers, and want the best for them. They are a very important part of our operation here they are our soul source of fertilizer for our place, so us and the bunnies are partners in keeping the soil in good condition, so we may all thrive. Peace and blessings

Wow just reading back to when we first found this website and how many rabbits and chickens we had then and how much we have grown in a short time.
At that time we had quote;
with 9 rabbits, 6 chickens, 1 rooster, 2 geese, 6 ducks, 34 quail, 1 Breaded Dragon and a spoiled Boston Terrier.
Now we have 23 rabbits, 36 chickens, 2 roosters and about 40+ quail but out Boston Terrier Buddy died on May 18th from heart failure 😢. He will be missed so much.

Last edited:
Wow just reading back to when we first found this website and how many rabbits and chickens we had then and how much we have grown in a short time.
with 9 rabbits, 6 chickens, 1 rooster, 2 geese, 6 ducks, 34 quail, 1 Breaded Dragon and a spoiled Boston Terrier.
Now we have 23 rabbits, 36 chickens, 2 roosters and about 40+ quail but out Boston Terrier Buddy died on May 18th from heart failure 😢. He will be missed so much.
Not many things are worse than losing your dog. I'm truly sorry & feel your pain.
I lost my best friend just over 4 years ago and it still hurts. I tried toughing it out but still cried like a little girl and was bumping into walls for days.
The only consolation was he had the life too many dogs only dream about.
We were together 24/7, even when I was in the hospital.
Most assume it was all for the dog. That's only partially true. I needed him far more than he needed me.
It took almost a year to find another that "clicked". I looked at dozens.
When I finally found the right pup I made the mistake of bringing his brother home too for my wife. They were so cute together I couldn't break up the set.
Bad idea! Two puppies in the same house is a disaster! Somehow we got through it.
Mine looks nearly identical to the one I lost but as expected their personalities are completely different. Not saying that's bad, just different.
Jack, the previous one was named after a dog in Vietnam that tried to eat me. It took what seemed like forever to make friends with him. Patience & determination finally paid off.
Buddy, the new one is more independent and more aggressive. I can do without the aggressive / protecting us part, but that's the job he selected.
Joey, his brother is all black and is a "mamma's boy". He adores my wife! Pretty sure that's mutual.
BTW... He got the name Joey from when we first met. I guess you had to be there but when he ran up to greet us, the look on his face was identical to Joey's on the TV show Friends... as if he was about to say "How you doin'?" I laughed so hard it hurt. Anyway I knew that was my wife's dog.
I hope you find another. Know that it won't be the same but still an awesome member of your family. Life without a dog just sucks.

Sounds like you have everything but a partridge in a pear tree.

and what about your bearded dragon????
Our Breaded Dragon Cuddles was looking like something just wasn't right yesterday. So we took him with us to Walmart and within a few minutes I decided I better take him back to the car for he was getting worse then he died in my hands. We was heart broken. He was a very good boy. Here we also lost our Boston Terrier Buddy a couple months ago 😢 😞

Attachments

• IMG_5479.jpg
    IMG_5479.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm sorry for your loss. Query..... did you take him to walmart so you could keep an eye on him or did you think a change in scenery would help him?

Latest posts

Back