Nesting for over a week!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britz86

Reaction score
So about 9 days ago now my doe started making a nest.. (This is going to be some detailed lol) My doe and buck got into together when my husband brought them home on may 24.. I wasn't sure if it took or not due to be completely new to rabbits and just starting to research stuff about them care etc. so on may 30 I put them together again and am pretty sure they breed ! Well around 12 days ago I watched her start caring around straw and hay etc in her cage so I moved her 2 days latter to her new hutch with a nesting area. Well then 9 days ago she started building a nice nest in to her nesting box, she has rebuilt this nest 4 times now her first due date would have been yesterday day at 31 days. She has not pulled hair yet though but has allready took any straw and even grass that we put in to her cage in to her nests. She has a really nice nest going now and has not took it apart or rebuilt it now in 3days but keeps adding to it, I have been watching her carefully and been making sure her waters good etc and that she is not being bothered. If its the second breed that took her day 31 will be on June 30 this Sunday. She still hasn't pulled fur just has her straw/hay/grass nest in her nesting box. So I guess my question is has any one else's doe done this also could I possibly be dealing with a false pregnancy? The doe has gained weight and looks all more chubbier, I did try palpitating but wasn't sure. I have searched the webbuthave never read anything about them nesting so early

I had a Mini Lop doe that did that and pulled out no hair and had a false pregnancy. if the buck doesn't "fall off" when they breed that means the doe probabaly wasn't bred at the time of the current breeding

The second breed he did fall off did it three times for surely, so could possibly be she is just nesting early.? I put somemore straw in today and she started caring it around then built it up in her nest

All rabbits are different, some nest early, some nest at the last minute. Wait until at least Tuesday before you decide if she's had a false pregnancy.

Yea that's what I'm beginning to think lol just got a little excited when she started to nest so early!

Sometimes even does that are for sure bred don't take. Since I can't palpate worth a bean, I just put the nest box in and wait until day 36 to pull it, had a doe go 34 days so far. But I was told by the guy I got my AM Chin from that his regularly go at 35 to 36 days.

Waiting for litters is so hard. :whistle2: Hopefully she took and you will have a litter soon.

stone soup farm":2rrbjg9o said:
Sometimes even does that are for sure bred don't take. Since I can't palpate worth a bean, I just put the nest box in and wait until day 36 to pull it, had a doe go 34 days so far. But I was told by the guy I got my AM Chin from that his regularly go at 35 to 36 days.

Waiting for litters is so hard. :whistle2: Hopefully she took and you will have a litter soon.
35 to 36 days!!!!! Id have to be sedated :lol:

Well she had 8 kits yesterday lol so my second breed to her is what caught! It would have day 30 yesterday and she didn't pull fur until right at the last minute lol

Back