Need Tracking software for my rabbits Need Help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe if you list the kind of things you need the software to track you might get some more fine tuned suggestions. I noticed people mentioning color genetics and show categories, but don't know if you need something that advanced or not.

I played with Kintracks because I saw it mentioned on here and it was free. I didn't care for it. Seemed very clunky to get around in and I just didn't like the way the data had to be input or was displayed. I am sure if I spent some time with it I would get used to it and get better at getting around, but since my record keeping needs are very few, it just isn't worth the time. I went back to one of those pads of paper with the columns :) All I track is who was bred to who on what date, kindle date and number of kits, slaughter date and note any problems that I should remember about a certain Doe or Buck. That is all I really need since we don't show, or sell to anyone. We are strictly breeding for meat.

I use Homestead Manager (http://www.homesteadmanager.com/). Since I am not "show" oriented, I don't need the features (and expense) of Evans. I'm not 100% smitten with Homestead Manager, either, but they continue to add and improve it and it allows me to track all my animals, not just the rabbits. It works for me.

I've thought about trying Global Rabbit Registry, which is internet based but...I'm happy enough with Homestead Manager to stick with it.

We use Kintaks, mainly because I spent the software budget on a rabbit! :whistle:
Haven't worked with Evans, but I like Kintraks much better than whatever the free program my DH found first. My handwritten notes are always going to be most complete because they're like my brain's flash drive!

You cannot go wrong with Evans Software,
I would not be without it! In fact I am planing on upgrading to the
25th anniversary addition. Evans website: http://www.evsoft.us
Phone# 413-499-0426 Dave is always there with answers to any and every
question should you need assistance.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

ottersatin":2jr3rqb2 said:
You cannot go wrong with Evans Software,
I would not be without it! In fact I am planing on upgrading to the
25th anniversary addition. Evans website: http://www.evsoft.us
Phone# 413-499-0426 Dave is always there with answers to any and every
question should you need assistance.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I have tried almost everything out there, and I keep coming back to Evans....they just put out a 25th Anniversary version and it really is the best one I have used.

I like GlobalPedigree.com but haven't tried any of the others. Since I don't show, I don't need all the show-related bells & whistles (and perhaps GlobalPedigree has that, I just wouldn't know!). It's one of those internet-based programs, so you can access your records whenever you have an internet connection.

Latest posts

Back