Need Tracking software for my rabbits Need Help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip

Reaction score
I was on facebook and ask about rabbit breeding/tracking software the owner of http://www.kintraks.com/ told me about his software, but is it any good? what do you use? Have anyone used this software? Do you like it or is their something better out their?

I'm just stating my rabbitry and need some advice.

Thank you for stopping by and helping me out :)

:bunnyhop:

Philip C.
Defuniak Springs, FL

I like kintracks, very easy to use once you get the hang of it.
He's got a free version on the website so you can try it first and see if you like it before you buy it.

I downloaded the free version I just did put any data in it yet I wanted to make sure this was the one before I spend hours loading 30 rabbits into it. That is why I posted my message. So I guess your a fan of it then?

Kintraks, free, cheap if you do buy it and perfect for all animals. Only thing it doesn't do is color genetics.

I use Kintraks and like it. It keeps track of everything and the reminders are a nice touch. I add custom reminders for the Bunnyvac vaccinations too.

The one thing I'd like to see added is the ability to add show details for all rabbits on the pedigree like Evans does. In Kintraks, you can add show details on the pedigree for the current rabbit, but not the parents, grandparents, etc.

I use Kintraks. Only time I had an issue is when my computer died and I got a new one. I did not have any backups of my information saved like I knew I should have done.

You can show details, there is a little tick box section for each generation and the list of info [ear#, reg #, ext].

You can also change placement of stuff in the peds. The creator is very helpful as well.

Philip,
I would be lost without my Rabbit Register program by Evans Software.
You cannot go wrong if you purchase the Evans product.
He is very helpful if any problem should ever come up,
but problems rarely if ever make an appearance.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Secuono":et9to3xx said:
You can show details, there is a little tick box section for each generation and the list of info [ear#, reg #, ext].

You can also change placement of stuff in the peds. The creator is very helpful as well.

That's true. I like the creator and have custom layouts. But you still can't display show details. Only legs and such. With Evans, you can display BOB, Placing, the date and location of the shows and how many rabbits were in the competition. My NZWs have pedigrees from Evans that give details of shows for the rabbit, 7 shows for each parent and 4 shows for each grandparent.

You can do this for the current rabbit in Kintraks, (with the notes option), but not for the generations before the current one.

I suppose you can hand-write the info onto the document.

I'll probably switch to Evans soon, but Kintraks is a real good starting point.

TMTex":3o1znyg5 said:
Secuono":3o1znyg5 said:

That's true. I like the creator and have custom layouts. But you still can't display show details. Only legs and such. With Evans, you can display BOB, Placing, the date and location of the shows and how many rabbits were in the competition. My NZWs have pedigrees from Evans that give details of shows for the rabbit, 7 shows for each parent and 4 shows for each grandparent.

You can do this for the current rabbit in Kintraks, (with the notes option), but not for the generations before the current one.

I suppose you can hand-write the info onto the document.

I'll probably switch to Evans soon, but Kintraks is a real good starting point.
Like you I plan to switch but I need to wait until spring before we have the extra cash to spend on the software. The kids darn school fees this year have wiped out all of my extra cash at the moment.

I use Evans Software.
I don't know if you can import data or not but you could call Evans. The man I talked to was very nice.

I don't think there is a way to import to Evans...I used Kintraks and never could get it to. But they may be able to for an additional fee. I had to re-enter all my information...took some time but it was well worth it!

I use Breeder's Assistant, never tried KIntraks or Evans to compare. It's a little clunky but overall it does everything I need and then some. Pretty happy with it thus far.

But you still can't display show details. Only legs and such. With Evans, you can display BOB, Placing, the date and location of the shows and how many rabbits were in the competition.

Why do you need that information? i find it highly irritating to have that clutter on the pedigrees

I use ped2web.com , its a cloud based solution and I can see my data anywhere. They recently dropped the price dramatically.

Back