Need help identifying the colours of these babies!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ljslibby

Reaction score
We have 5 adorable baby bunnies. I know 3 of them are REWs but I dont know the official colour name of the other two.

One is an orange/cream colour and the other is a cream with a white head mark and brown patches on its butt.

Mother is a Dutch x Lionhead and father is a Netherland dwarf x Lionhead, if that helps.

Unsure what their actual colours are as the mother is a REW and father is a BEW.b97e1b73-cbaa-4716-a711-2a57b9b91b0c.pngIMG_1292.jpg1720605961944.pngIMG_1290.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 0
We have 5 adorable baby bunnies. I know 3 of them are REWs but I dont know the official colour name of the other two.

One is an orange/cream colour and the other is a cream with a white head mark and brown patches on its butt.

Mother is a Dutch x Lionhead and father is a Netherland dwarf x Lionhead, if that helps.

Unsure what their actual colours are as the mother is a REW and father is a BEW.
What a pretty litter!

Looks like you have an orange and a dilute (blue or lilac) harlequin. Stray white marks in this case, especially on the head, would likely be vienna marks (VM) coming from the vienna allele the BEW sire.

If the whites are REW, you know the BEW buck carries a copy of REW <c>. From the harlequin baby, you know that one or both of the parents carry harlequin <e(j)>. You also know both parents carry non-extension <e> because two of those are needed to make an orange.

What a pretty litter!

Looks like you have an orange and a dilute (blue or lilac) harlequin. Stray white marks in this case, especially on the head, would likely be vienna marks (VM) coming from the vienna allele the BEW sire.

If the whites are REW, you know the BEW buck carries a copy of REW <c>. From the harlequin baby, you know that one or both of the parents carry harlequin <e(j)>. You also know both parents carry non-extension <e> because two of those are needed to make an orange.

Thank you so much, that's really helpful and I adore that you explained the alleles of the parents too it really helps me understand, and its so incredibly fascinating! <3 I knew about the REW being c but knew nothing about any of the others!

Latest posts

Back