need emergency help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SterlingSatin":2jzomjae said:
i would use liquid vitamin C but she's still not really drinking so i don't think that would help much.

I bought chewable Vitamin C today to have on hand just in case. I recommended liquid for you because I thought you could dose her with a dropper.

I wonder if a "juicer" might prove helpful in these cases when an animal wont eat- you could juice some parsley to enhance appetite, a little carrot or apple for flavor, and whatever herbs are appropriate for the condition.

We usually feed the leftover pulp from juicing to the horses or chickens, but I am wondering if the pulp might be good for the rabbits since most of the sugars are removed.

i was really expecting to walk in on a dead rabbit this morning. she was so listless and dehydrated last night i didn't think she's make it another 12 hours. but i went in... she had finished her oats and drank some water!!! :clap2: i threw her another handful of oats and she ate that too! :-D after all that work, i think she's finally on the other end of it.

Rae":14kn09ld said:
I just posted about a problem a lot like this. I think I'll go get some gatorade and try that this morning. The only difference is my doe doesn't seem to be in pain, just lethargic and she has a bit of green snot. Please don't be snuffles, please don't be snuffles. Glad your doe is feeling better.

Did you isolate that rabbit immediately? If not, do it now!

Latest posts

Back