Need a new rabbitry name!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
Well folks, since there won't be a Tom & Cait anymore, it doesn't make sense to be Tomcat Rabbitry anymore (Tom + Cait = TomCat).

Soooo...any suggestions? I have Harlies of course, but also plan on having Cals and either Checkereds or American Chins, whichever presents itself first.

I plan on staying here in Wyoming also but that's not for certain and I prefer names that aren't locale specific in case I move. I like my rabbitry name to make sense.

Keep in mind that I'll be making a new Rabbit Talk account with this new name :)

Thank you!

Cait,
I would say "Checks and Chins Rabbitry"
But you might want to change breeds in the future.
Maybe something like "Caitlin's Rabbit Ranch or Caitlin's Hoppers."
You can probably come up with something better
if you just sit and think about it awhile.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Take your time, Caitlin, and come up with something really good. :)

I'd use a brainstorming trick... put every idea that occurs to you on a list. Doesn't matter whether they are good ideas, silly ones or whatever. The idea is to stimulate ideas without critiquing them. Later on, one of these will just seem right... and there ya go.

By the way, don't make a new account here at RabbitTalk without PMing me first. I'll ask MidnightCoder how best to handle it so your posts are not lost under the old name. It's not something we like to do often, but in this case there would be a good reason for it.

I like Maggies idea. I've done that a lot for various things and did it in college for writing assignments.

I love the name "caitlin" as part of your rabbitry...BUT that's one of those VERY personal names. (btw, it's too bad you don't raise rats. "Cat's Rats" has a RING to it! :lol: )

Maggie's idea of writing down everything that comes to you is excellent :) And since you're in school, and might end up finding a small ranch or something out there...wait. You're not breeding for sale now, I think? so you won't have to worry about being associated with a "bad name" later on :)

I can see you finishing school and landing in a spot out there. The place you end up with will probably give you a great name :) "sky high rabbits" or "fields of rabbits", or "Living Dream Rabbits" :D

I'm so run out of ideas lol. I figure maybe when I settle, then I'll pick and name it after the closest mountain range to me.

I like the breed names being in the rabbitry name but I'm very indecisive and very well probably will change my breed choices. I liked Stars & Stripes Rabbitry if I stuck with Harlies and got Checkers.

Is there a Kismet Rabbitry? Kismet was my first rabbit, the best bunny I ever owned, but I think there already is a rabbitry named that...

Wow, so it's DONE done, and not just a separation? This seems like you're maybe jumping the gun a bit. Kinda like changing your Facebook profile to "Single" and then getting back together again a month later.

Not to be rude, just seems like this isn't really urgent. You'd have to go through and change your website domain and everything. Unless you told someone later on, nobody but you would know that it was originally a combination of two names. I like Tomcat Rabbitry, regardless of the meaning.

Really consider giving it a little more time. I didn't chime in on the other thread, but based on past experience in which I have done similar things out of spite or symbolically or whatever, I would venture to say that there is a slight possibility that the guy involved was not the only one suffering from a hint of immaturity. I would also venture to say that unless the divorce papers are signed, there is a chance you will get back together again. It definitely sounds like you love each other, right? Maybe it's just not working right now because of personal trials you're each going through.

What I CAN tell you is that if you get back together and want to change your name BACK to Tomcat Rabbitry, it does not bode well for a reputation in the rabbit world to be switching your rabbitry name around every six months. It smacks of fly-by-night, which implies less than quality.

Just something to think about.

I'm sorry, my first post wasn't very compassionate. I do understand the reasons you would want to change it. Like I said, I've been there.

But the warning remains. ;) If you want to change it and find the perfect new name, go for it, but be sure you can commit to not changing it again. That's all.

Good luck!

I think that probably none of us on here wants to see a marriage end, and I'm sure that's where Rachel was speaking from. I imagine that even now quite a few of us still hope that something marvelous will happen, and y'all will plunge headlong into the difficulties together, and emerge a stronger couple.

I know it doesn't always turn out that way, though. :( I understand not wanting to be constantly reminded, as well.

I think the brainstorming idea is good. What kinds of things do you like? Thunderstorms? Misty mornings? Dewy valleys? Redbud trees? Anything you really like can become part of a rabbitry name. If you give us some more clues to go on, maybe we can chip in more. :)

MaggieJ":1vgo16ot said:
If you end up in the prairies, Prairie Summer Rabbits would be nice. And I kind of like Big Sky Rabbitry too. But you need to have a semi-permanent location for names like that.

Piffle, the sky is big everywhere! :) I kinda thought that you might like to do something with the marked rabbits, so I liked Stars and Stripes or using "Broken C", like a cattle brand or something...alludes to your name, marked breeds, and ranches/the west. But it isn't "pretty" like big sky...

I'm apologizing now for getting huffy earlier, sorry, it's been a tense few weeks, actually months, and I've been a big grouchy.

I'm thinking of incorporating the wind somehow, because after all Wyoming is known for the wind and for some reason its part of what drew me in. I'm reading a book for inspiration, "Leaning Into the Wind". Anthology of stories and poems from women who grew up or transplanted to the West. Good book if anyone's into that sort of thing :)

Latest posts

Back