My Rabbits Don't Like Having Kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitsOfTheCreek

Netherland Dwarf Breeder & Well-known Member
Reaction score
I have a new buck that I got a few months ago. He's very pretty, and we got him a few days after he turned six months. About two months later I think, we breed him and a different buck with two does each, but the only babies were born were two that didn't make it from the same mom. I breed them last week, but one of the does was defiantly pregnant, and her belly is bigger than usual, but she was due two weeks ago. I have Netherland Dwarfs, so it's hard to feel their bellies for Kits.

Sorry you are having trouble getting babies. I had a few misses this year due to heat sterility, and I know it's very frustrating when the kits just never come. I saw you had another thread on this topic earlier this year, and it looks like you got some pretty good advice! I don't have anything more to add, but I hope you get babies soon!

Last edited:
Ok thanks! I don't have much hope this time, but it's usually easy for me to get Kits. We're thinking it's because our buck is so new.

If he's old enough and you watched a fall off, then there should be kits. If he has little sores around his eyes and his boy bits, then he may have vent disease, which could result in no kits from breeding.

Back