My poor dogs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeenutdesigns

Reaction score
I usually just boil the rib cages and spines, fat, and scraps for them and then add their dry food to the broth, but I have decided to make stock to can, so instead I boiled and picked all the meat off the bones to put back in the broth. I really didn't realize how much meat I could get off of them. Poor girls are just going to get picked bones now. I cooked up the fat in a separate skillet for them, so they aren't totally mistreated, but they aren't getting the goodies they usually do.

If I had realized how much meat I could get off the bones, I wouldn't have spoiled them in the first place! I'm pleasantly surprised. I had to buy a new vent release valve thingie from my pressure cooker so I couldn't can it yet, but It's in the freezer. Four grown rabbits make a lot of stock! Those dogs were living high on the hog! I'm sure by the time I finish my next batch of rabbits I'll have more stock than I know what to do with and the dogs may get more goodies then. I'm teaching them patience, lol.

Latest posts

Back