My own web site

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not stupid. I use weebly (weebly.com). You can do free or paid. I do free for my rabbitry, paid for my homeschooling account/blog (I may switch my rabbitry over to that paid site as well).

I use weebly as well, Pretty easy to use and set up and free! I think a website is a good thing even with a little rabbitry. I can always refer a prospective buyer to it, so they can look over my herd, see pictures of a litter or a past litter.

I don't own a rabbitry, but as a "customer" I thought I would input my thoughts. I love breeders (no matter how big or small) with websites. If it's not updated and looks like a 3 year old did it, it puts me off. Also, with websites it helps build confidence that I know you're actually a breeder and not a scam artist on cl selling me a crappy rabbit or a breeder who isn't going to meet me when scheduled or not return my calls/e-mails. And I like to know more about you without having to ask a million additional questions like what other breeds do you sell, where are you located, how long have you been breeding etc.) With a website it's here's what I have, here's the prices, here's their cage setup area. I like looking through photos to see how they're housed before driving 1+ hrs and possibly being disappointed. Or if not having a website fb page is pretty good idea too. I like updated stuff though, it annoys me when a breeder created a page 2 years ago or w/e and there's like 3 updates. Hope that helps.

Some free website are yola.com, weebly.com, wix.com, webs.com. Also, vistaprint you can get matching business cards and website. Usually they have one month free website and then $10 a month? Just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks everyone for the tips! I have thought about the business cards. I love rabbittalk.com people are so helpful. Thanks again!

Adding to the OPs Q-
How much traffic flow do you get from a paid site than a free one? And if you pay, do you pay for a domain name, too?

I use weebly as well. I like it and it is easy to use.

CnB, my Dad and Mom had their own roofing company for awhile. The website user they used charged seperte for the website and domin name.
They never got any business from the website. None. I've gotten several emails through my weebly website from people who just found me on the computer.

My domain name is hosted by another company.
Pretty much all of my business happens on the website.

I use Yahoo for all my websites. There are several different plans. The least expensive one comes with very easy to use, but not terribly customizable, templates. The one I use is $9.99 a month and comes with SiteBuilder, very customizable and similar to MS Publisher to use. It even has built in PayPal buttons.

I agree with LookAlive. I love breeders who have websites, but I expect it to be updated regularly.

I host with HostGator. It's $7.98 per month for unlimited site; $3.99 for 1. All my domains are registered through GoDaddy, using their coupons. The sites are done almost exclusively in WordPress. It's what I do for a living, and I've found it to be the most user friendly software.

Back