My new rabbit :] (picture load)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevor

Reaction score
This is my new 6 mo doe. She is a Harlequin/Lionhead mix (not sure how much lionhead.) I rescued her from a local 4H rabbit-fanatic family. Her owners got her as an Easter present for their 2 children, but when she grew up and got bigger than that little palm-sized baby, they said they were going to release her into the wild. The rescue took her in immediately and they contacted me. I'm friends and go to school with one of the girls who rescued her. She is really mild tempered and super-friendly. She is definately enjoying the fresh greens from the yard! Here are some pics :)
Any ideas on how much lionhead is in her? I don't know where she came from originally.
003.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

No idea how much Lionhead, but she is super cute! I can't believe they were going to 'release' her to the wild. It's a domesticated rabbit. Dogs would have gotten the poor thing most likely, if she didn't get hit by a car or something. Makes me so mad when I hear stuff like that. So glad she was rescued and found a nice home!

PMcNemar":23veg37y said:
No idea how much Lionhead, but she is super cute! I can't believe they were going to 'release' her to the wild. It's a domesticated rabbit. Dogs would have gotten the poor thing most likely, if she didn't get hit by a car or something. Makes me so mad when I hear stuff like that. So glad she was rescued and found a nice home!
Thank you :lol: !

And I know, it amazes me how ignorant people can be when it come to animals. But, I feel very lucky to have her.

the 4-h people were going to release her????!!

from the little i know of lion heads it looks as if it's single mane and can you only get that pattern from Harlequins because to me she doesn't look like one at all?? I'm not up to speed on rabbit genetics yet but she is cute.What is her name?

I am appalled that a 4H family would be so ignorant
as to want to toss a Rabbit out as they would the trash!
I have never heard anything so rude and arrogant.
Any 4Her should know better how to care for or re-home a rabbit.
4Hers care taught better than that, they should be knowledgeable in rabbit husbandry.
Their 4H leader should be ashamed of what these folks have perpetrated.
it does not shine well on the 4H chapter.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

she could be pure lionhead, some people do breed them in harlie color.

No!!! The 4H family rescued her!
Sorry, if that is worded incorrectly :/

She's adorable!

I've rescued a rabbit that was set free before, the poor thing was a mess when I caught her.

I agree Maggie! And thanks Devon. She is a doll so far :) And I can't believe how soft her coat is, it is amazing. My bucks coat, i think is satin so it's just no the same.

Trevor":27xjyi6s said:
No!!! The 4H family rescued her!
Sorry, if that is worded incorrectly :/

I think using the phrase "4H rabbit-fanatic family" was what threw us off...I was about to say that there are probably some 4H'ers on here who *might* take offense to that statement...usually when we talk about "fanatics" we are discussing militant ARA's and other such folks...like the ones that wanted to "release the rabbit to the wild" :lol:<br /><br />__________ Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 pm __________<br /><br />Oh, and I totally forgot...she is just beautiful! Love the color and the little hair do! Total cutie!

Judging by the waterbottle lid in the pic too, she looks tiny! How could she be 'too big'!!??!? LOL She is adorable!! Whatcha gonna name her?

KatzNetherlands":laqn90zz said:
Judging by the waterbottle lid in the pic too, she looks tiny! How could she be 'too big'!!??!? LOL She is adorable!! Whatcha gonna name her?
I'm not sure what I'm going to name her yet :?
:roll: Any Ideas?

Sounds funny but Roady first stood out to me - kind of a rocker type look to her....

But if you have me get into names, you will get a BUNCH... I LOVE naming them! :D

I'm glad it wasnt the 4-H family that wanted to let her go.We are in NJ too and are a 4-H family and i know that if we knew of that in our club we would be pretty mad!

She looks like a Roxanne to me :D or Kitty cause she has tiger stripes.

She's absolutely adorable! What a cute little face! How could someone think about setting her free like that, I would never have the heart for that.

Her little white nose looks like she sniffed some white paint, and ended up with a white nose! :lol:

Shes cute!Who knows, the manes a dominant trait soo my sisters half dwarf crosses look full blooded.

Thank you everyone. Haven't found a name that really fits her! And Katz, throw them out there! Still looking for suggestions

does she remind anyone else of a who...she looks like cindy lou who from the grinch .

Okay... here are some just off the top of my head.... Personally, I like Bumble the best.

Splotch
Splash
Marble
Swirlly
Bumble
Picasso
Newton
Chaz
Tawney
Liger
Oops
Tashi