My favorite T-shirt is a write off!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Piper":c6ydb5n1 said:
GBov":c6ydb5n1 said:
This one had a picture of a rabbit being held with its back against the persons stomach and its feet facing totally away from the body. I meant to go back and have a good look but I forgot and the kids closed it down to play a game.
I think it is the second link
post106787.html#p106787
post106801.html#p106801
- There are also people that place their rabbits in a milk crate or 5 gal bucket to carry them, some people have the rabbits trained to go from the crate, back into the cage, too.
This is one more link post107380.html#p107380
and her video is at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhiwhg75 ... r_embedded

There it is, thanks so much :D

The only thing I have noticed about different ways to pick up rabbits is they all work really well from the ground or a top opening cage but they look a bit tricky to get through cage doors, and my cage doors are pretty big.

Right now I scruff with my right hand and scoot the hindlegs to the left with my left hand with my hand and arm under the side of the rabbit, taking most of its weight and then bring them in to my body with the head under my left arm - just had to mentally pick up a rabbit to be sure of my lefts and rights - with my left arm all the way around it and my right hand on its scruff if it needs extra control or using my right hand to open doors and such like.

The buck that got me so bad (Rusty) is a very large buck and he got away once so he tries harder to get away than most of the others, they pretty much just hang out till we get where we are going.

One other buck did try to give me a hard time once though. Captain Rex was in that hold and I felt him turn his head sharply tward my arm so I shifted it smartly out of his way so he got a mouthful of sleeve instead of me. He then turned his head tward my side so I shifted him away from my body and he got another mouthful of shirt...............

:lol: Silly thing, he wasn't attacking me as such, just saying "What are you doing woman? Put me DOWN! This is NOT suiting my dignity!" He also bites ankles if his dinner is late or I am slow to reach down and pet him. Pushy little sod really but he is funny to watch with his ladies, they totally rule the colony while he thinks he is in charge :lol:

My rabbits are in stackers. The ones closet to the ground are the hardest to pick up, I reach in and put my arm under them, then clamp down on top of them and bring them forward into my lap, and pick them up from there.
The stackers at waist, chest and head level (I'm on a step stool) are easiest. They are forced to the opening of the cage, then pushed by the rear onto my shoulder by the left hand, sometimes I put my hand under their front feet with my right hand, and once they are close or the front feet are out, I clamp down with the right hand and lift them out. Then final position is on my shoulder like a baby. Few resist, fighters go under the arm. Biters are turned the opposite direction, held more like a puppy.

skysthelimit":3sr2i35j said:
My rabbits are in stackers. The ones closet to the ground are the hardest to pick up, I reach in and put my arm under them, then clamp down on top of them and bring them forward into my lap, and pick them up from there.
The stackers at waist, chest and head level (I'm on a step stool) are easiest. They are forced to the opening of the cage, then pushed by the rear onto my shoulder by the left hand, sometimes I put my hand under their front feet with my right hand, and once they are close or the front feet are out, I clamp down with the right hand and lift them out. Then final position is on my shoulder like a baby. Few resist, fighters go under the arm. Biters are turned the opposite direction, held more like a puppy.

Hmmmm, where is that "pictures or it didnt happen" smiley? ;)

GBov":1bll2rpx said:
skysthelimit":1bll2rpx said:

:)

The sad part is it's only me here, so anything that involves me doing something will never have actual pictures :(

skysthelimit":pkv238rq said:
GBov":pkv238rq said:

:)

The sad part is it's only me here, so anything that involves me doing something will never have actual pictures :(

Awwwwww, I'm sorry! My photographer is my 10 year old son so any picture taken is apt to be a bit odd and have almost nothing to do with the job at hand. :roll:

Latest posts

Back