moving in-lots of pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Stealing internet. Always secure your router :p:

You know that point where you don't stop moving because you know you won't start again? That was 4hrs ago. This is the most comfortable bed ever.

The akita is paranoid and I think she's hiding in the bathroom. The shiba does not understand switchback stairs and is laying on the landing whining to be rescued. No chickens were eaten by dogs. I have our first fresh egg :D I will take pictures but I plan not to move until noon.

I wish you and yours a long, happy, healthy life in your new (gorgeous) home.

*waits patiently for more pics I can drool over*

I forgot something. I can steal internet with the tablet and I can take pics with the camera but the 2 cannot interact. :lol: you get a weekend of pics Monday night or Tuesday. <br /><br /> __________ Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:02 pm __________ <br /><br /> From top to bottom

Upstairs hallway

Purple room

Blue room

I don't have a pic of the master bedroom which is the same just slightly bigger and brown.

All closets look like this

The switchback stairs I fell down and the smaller dog refused to use for the first 24hrs :lol:

The open grate I landed in when I fell down the stairs

Now my arm looks like this

State of the livingroom last night

Progress

Kitchen pantry with original wood siding still in it and a blocked up door on the other side

We might whack that door back out so we have a way straight in to the yard for the dogs and don't have to walk them around the house on leashes to the side gates.

Basement chinchilla area

It's a little small and cages are spilling out in to other areas until I figure out what to do

Work bench area

Raised washer/dryer area

Has a gas dryer right now and we plan to put our new frontload dryer in after we get an electrician to setup the wiring.

That is the house so far. Working on the diningroom which is now going to be a computer room and hopefully we can find a way to let chinchillas run without chewing anything up.

The house does have wear. The bathroom mirror has a crack, the stained glass has a chip, the diningroom floor buckled in 2 places because the kitchen flooded and had to be redone, and not a single area of the old wood floor is perfectly flat. I can feel every board when walking barefoot. And I love it :lol: I can live in this house instead of when renting the old farmhouse they wanted it to stay pristine. You can't avoid a scratch here or there. She was just unreasonable but most of it started when her health went downhill and she was put on meds. That was a complicated mess. Now I have my house that is not owned by anyone else(except my husband but I get the house in a case of divorce) and it's not in a building with neighbors to complain. I can truly do whatever I want. :p

that place looks really awesome. And I do thinking getting that door punched back through is a fabulous idea! Must be a pain to walk the dogs around and will get real old real fast, especially if you don't feel well.

With those switch-back stairs, have you had any difficulty getting a queen
or standard box springs up them?? Just curious.

The guy we bought our new queen bed from had us get a split box spring. He said houses that age often aren't designed for anything over a full.

The books toward the bottom are my husband's so I don't know them all by cover. Most of what we have is science fiction. I have a small bookcase worth of horse training and exercises books. It's kind of sad to pack and unpack those now that I sold my horses. A handful of other fantasy books, computer stuff, foreign languages, Japan travel info....

Thanks for the pics! As I looked at each one, I was saying, "Ooh, look at that". I love the pantry, all the beautiful molding, the basement.

If I can be greedy, can I ask for pics of my favorite room in the house- the kitchen?? Please :)

Messy kitchen. One pic came out too dark. I was either too far away for the flash or the camera caught the light from that window. I can take more pics of stuff as the unpacking progresses.

<br /><br /> __________ Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 pm __________ <br /><br /> This kind of stands out now that their shelves are gone and my bookcases are all dark wood like the wood in the house. What should I do with it? Josh's mom just said to paint it brown.

Lots of space! I like it.

The bookcase I would likely paint to match the wall and make it blend in. Either that or to match trim color.

I really love your new place. I look at each of the pictures and my mind just swims with ideas and projects. (My hubby thanks you for buying it before I ever saw it and keeping it from me :))

The kitchen isn't big by my standards but I grew up in a house where 3 generations pooled their money to make a half million dollar house sitting on a half million dollars of land. The 2 kitchens were probably the size of this diningroom each and if you put the entire first level together it would equal the livingroom on each level of that house. :lol: Most rooms are plenty big enough for 2 of us but we are going to put some to other purposes than intended. We don't need a diningroom. That's what coffee tables and computer desks are for.

:congratulations:

What a lovely home. I enjoyed looking through the pictures and it looks to have quite a bit of charm and character! Again it looks lovely. There's nothing quite like knowing you are the only one that cares what your house looks like. That there's no one (no matter how nice they are) looking over your shoulder at every little thing you do. I wouldn't trade owning my house for a good many things in this world. :D

Yay the dogs can eat their bones in peace again. No one cares how much they clunk them on the floor. There is no one bashing the ceiling of their unit with objects because of my dogs eating their raw diet on the wood floor.

akane":3l8guxkz said:
Yay the dogs can eat their bones in peace again. No one cares how much they clunk them on the floor. There is no one bashing the ceiling of their unit with objects because of my dogs eating their raw diet on the wood floor.

Once when we were renting, we had another tenant call the cops on my husband for getting ready for work in the morning. The thing is, we didn't have any pets and my 1 year old daughter and I were still sleeping. His footfalls on the floor were apparently too much for her.

It's just too hard to live that close to others, and I'm glad you guys won't have to deal with it anymore.

We had the people below us come scream at us for my husband making a hot dog and then they called him a liar when he said he didn't get to the door faster because he was in bed. They complained about rabbits drinking out of bottles at night. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 pm __________ <br /><br /> Hedgehog moving day. This is my snowflake breeding pair in a temporary cage

The male is an escape artist and I have to modify their lid now because he got his fat butt halfway through a hole I cut in the lid. Luckily with some help the rest of him fit or he would be a spineless hedgehog for awhile in order to shove him back through. We have to put a lid on one of our wood bin cages we keep the adults in normally because he can just make it out what I was told was a safe height.

I love those old cabinets. My daughter just bought an old craftsman with wonderful glass front cabinets and the old cast iron sink. The craftsmans are just beautiful.

It looks awesome! I love the wood floors! Congrats on the new place; enjoy making it your own!

Latest posts

Back