Moulting and pregnancy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipp

Reaction score
Hi there,
My doe was bred 30 days ago and I'm not sure it was successful. She built a nest very early (around 18 days). Her last pregnancy went 32 days before kindle but she built the nest on the day of delivering. Part of me is now hoping that she is not pregnant as she has just started having a massive moult (she started this 2 days ago). Would a pregnant doe start such a heavy moult or not? Thanks for any thoughts.

Yes a pregnant doe could start to have a massive molt, because hormones are released that allow her to easily pull fur from her body.

Thanks for your reply. I shall watch and wait and see what happens! Does a doe usually have the same gestation period? Ie 32 days last time so likely to be 32 days each time?

It depends. At some point MSD and I were trying to track does to see if there was a pattern. For me, I would say no, I found no pattern at all. Sometimes it was 32, sometimes 34, one time 30.

Latest posts

Back