MOTHS!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
Needed a black hide for a project so opened my suitcase that holds my 200+ dried hides....

MOTHS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh there were MOTHS in my hides!!! :evil:

Thankfully not too many hides damaged but how does one keep moths out of furs and hides, please?

I did have them stored in cedar shavings but shook them all out and packed them in the case to move. Should I get more shavings - messy - or is there a better/easier/cleaner way to keep them safe?

michaels4gardens":1qqbtbwr said:
moth balls
or- store them in a cedar box..

Going to take a nice big box and layer them with shavings again.

Have vacuumed each hide and will brush them down with a carding brush to make sure I haven't missed any of the munchers. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:09 pm __________ <br /><br /> Quite a trip down memory lane, these hides. Amazed at how many of the rabbits I remember and how many different breeds we have had over the years.

No more signs of moths and the cedar shavings are ordered and a nice big box is in place.

Should keep them safe, I hope!

No Pest Strips. Just put one in the box with the hides, that should do in any moths.

hotzcatz":2v4w6rxg said:
No Pest Strips. Just put one in the box with the hides, that should do in any moths.

Oooooooo perhaps not. Being all about no pesticides, I just couldn't justify buying something like that.

The cedar shavings have arrived so will be sorting the hides off the floor where I have been casting them like fuzzy Autumn leaves.

Latest posts

Back