Most affectionate/cuddly rabbit breeds?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ToesInTheSand":3131geh6 said:
I found two breeders. The one I click with more raises them outdoors, and breeds mr, americans, and lionheads. The other breeder raises mini lops, lionheads, mr, but are raised in climate controlled room. I really like the mini lops, but worry about their ears/heat tolerance and since I'll be raising him outdoors I'm cautious of buying from a climate controlled area. Other lop breeders seem to want $65/80...on cl.

$65/$80 for a Pet Mini Lop? :shock: I just ask for $40 for my pets (I will only sell bucks into pet homes), but that's an awful lot for a pet. The local RHS ask for $80 for a spay/neutered animal....but they also want to interview everyone in your house, inspect your home, be allowed to unexpected visits, and you need to take a rabbit 101 & 102 class. Lets just say they don't adopt out often. So shelters can be iffy.

I think it depends on the rabbit, no exactly the breed. But I love my rabbit Ki so I guess i'm a bit biased but I would suggest lionheads.:) <3

Also a bit biased, but I like my French Angoras. I find bucks do make better pets though, so definitely keep that in mind. I do have the rare, 'lovey doe', but I think that's a miracle and pure luck. I bought her instead of her sister, and I've seen her sister recently. She's super skittish and terrified of everything. (But she so won BOS GC at a show recently) both of my French Angora bucks are super lovey, come to the cage door for scratches, treats, and kisses, and do the run back and forth in the front of their cage 'oooh, look at me!!!' Routine when I walk past them without saying hi. I got both from the same breeder, who didn't really socialize her animals. The one I got at 12 weeks came all lovey. I had to work with the one I got at 2 years a bit more, buts just as lovey as the other now. (They both play tag in he yard!) in comparison, my rex buck huddles I the corner and doesn't want touched, looked at, or given any attention a all. Also, how can you resist all that fuzz?!

I have Jersey Woolies, a cashmere lop, and some Nethies. The one's I like to pet the most are the Jersey Woolies- they are so soft- like softer than soft. My cashmere lop is the friendliest and cutest, but he is the one that is the most likely to pee while sitting on my lap- I think this is partially because he is so laid back he just relaxes and pees. And I recently got a new Nethie that is the most friendly rabbit ever- like more freindly than my lop which is really unusual. As long as you will rub his head and his shoulder he will sit on your lap- and if you put him off your lap he hops back up again. Still though Jersey Wooly is my favorite- so soft and sweet with big liquidy eyes. Also, cage wise, have you seen the set-ups where people get a dog play pen and corner off a area of the room- and put a sheet of linolium or coreflute at the bottom- then you can even sit in the pen and sit with your rabbit, and stand in the pen to clean it. Here's some examples but I've seen nicer ones.
http://www.sandiegorabbits.org/housing/ ... bbits-life
I would love to do this but don't trust my dogs enough to have open rabbit enclosures.

Um... well yes, I would just have to reccomend the French lops. ;) When I first started breeding Frenchies, I didn't realize that they were dissappearing. Now I am very happy that I started breeding! I have sold lots of rabbits and everyone loves them. This is a picture from one of my customers, she has gotten 3 French Lops from me. This is a buck that I sold for 45.00, he is very very very sweet. He is 6 months old in these pics. I had to blur out the current owners face per her request. I regret selling him!

Latest posts

Back