More coming?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter1A

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Lulu had two kits around 2pm, it's now 4pm. In your experience have you had does that will have more later? I know this happens but is it the norm to spread out the births? This is kindle number 4 for her. Her number of kits have gone down each time.

Yes, I've had Does have a number of kits at night sometime before I go to bed and when I check back in the morning there'll be more kits

My does have always had their entire litter all at once like CedarRidge. Most memorable was the 10 in 15 mins on Jan 1 as the daughters and grandkids got to watch. It was their first time seeing life be born.
wishful thinking on my part. She isn't fat, this is her 4th litter. I waited until she was 7 months old to breed her. Well, we may be looking at a winter breed. I think we will all sit back and take a break and think it over. I have weeds to pull and planting for fall. Looking for an incubator for chicken eggs. This winter could be a rough one thanks to our communist regime. :poop:

wishful thinking on my part. She isn't fat, this is her 4th litter. I waited until she was 7 months old to breed her. Well, we may be looking at a winter breed. I think we will all sit back and take a break and think it over. I have weeds to pull and planting for fall. Looking for an incubator for chicken eggs. This winter could be a rough one thanks to our communist regime. :poop:
As far a incubators go, I'd recommend Brinsea. We tried cheap Styrofoam coop ones for years. Always had issues with low Hatch rates and extra work. Bit the bullet and got a brinsea ovation and never looked back. Numerous hatching of turkeys and chickens with automatic turning, digital temperature, and digital humidity control. Has paid for itself in increased hatch rates.

As far a incubators go, I'd recommend Brinsea. We tried cheap Styrofoam coop ones for years. Always had issues with low Hatch rates and extra work. Bit the bullet and got a brinsea ovation and never looked back. Numerous hatching of turkeys and chickens with automatic turning, digital temperature, and digital humidity control. Has paid for itself in increased hatch rates.
thank you, I'm on it!!

One of mine seems to hold back. I’ll count then the next day there is usually one more.
Yes I've had that also. Alas, the two didn't make it. Not sure what happened but it got cold last nite. One was gone, the other I brought in and warmed up and it was OK but then gone. The week of hot/humid, moving all in and out of ac, she wanted to have them in her hole in the yard, well we shall try again later on after we take a break. Question, does her milk not come in fully or what when they lose them all?

Back