Meatloaf/pie Update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
I'm getting a bred cali doe and a 4 month old cali buck :)
The breeder is coming to town on Thursday and is going to deliver them!! Good thing I started on the rabbit shed :)

Freezing rain today, so they are coming to town next week!! More waiting lol!
I'm going to name the buck Meatloaf :) Have to think of something clever for the doe!

Wyldrose":3gdts6nj said:
Freezing rain today, so they are coming to town next week!! More waiting lol!
I'm going to name the buck Meatloaf :) Have to think of something clever for the doe!

wohoo :p :bunnyhop:

for the doe...
gravy
taters
biscuit
casserole (cassie for short ;) )
pot pie

Still waiting to hear when they come to town next!!! If they are not coming by Saturday I'm driving there! As long as the roads are good, it's only an hour and bit. I took a 6 hour round trip to pick up a pair of snakes, so 2 hours is nothing!

I think the girl is going to be named Pie :) So Meatloaf and Pie. I can't wait to see them, all I got was a blurry picture of the buck. I'm getting the pair for $55 the doe will be preggers and is guarenteed to be or they will replace or rebreed.

__________ Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:46 pm __________

The bad thing if I do go get them is I get paid Friday. I only need 2 right? I wont look at his NZW's and the others he has for sale!! Its been an expensive month so far lol! Cat gets spayed tomorrow, husband needs new glasses, my van blew a tire. It always adds up lol!!
I want calis because I love pointed animals, I have a siamese cat, buramese gerbil, siamese mice and hopefuly soon cali buns!<br /><br />__________ Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 pm __________<br /><br />So I got an email on Saturday asking to pick them up Monday at the town 15 mins away from me, I emailed back asking what time and nothing... Grrr!! I don't know what to do. I guess if they have not contacted me by Thursday I'll see if I can drive there to get them!
I have had the cash set aside for a while now for these guys. I could go to a friend/local breeder and get a pair of NZW's but I want Cali's! If I don't hear back from the Cali's I'll get the NZW's. Then maybe find some Cali's some where else. Frustraiting!

I emailed him and asked if I can go get them this weekend, its only about an hour away. I did a 7 hour round trip to get a snake so 2 hours is nothing lol!

If I don't hear back I'll post a wanted add. I like the cali's but I could go with another breed. There is a breeder close by with Satins, that could be another option! I need a buck for sure my largest buck is 3lbs at 5 months old.<br /><br />__________ Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 pm __________<br /><br />Well they are not both calis??? I didn't want to say anything I got my cali buck finally! I am pretty sure he isnt the 5 month old buck I was supposed to get he looks full grown and is 9lbs. The female isn't a cali, she's 6 lbs. I wonder if she is a jr flemish giant x cali or nzw he has all 3 breeds there. He said she's probley preggy, she looks kinda young to me thought. I'll breed the boy to my rex and flop after quarinentine ;)
Together

He tags his males, I cut if off when I got home :)
Meatloaf

He's got a few bites on him, they where together for 2 weeks so I have a feeling he was a bot "pushy" with Pie!

Pie

I love her huge ears :)

He looks in not so fun shape.

Well they're rabbits, and will hopefully give you more. Calis seem to be hard to find d around here.

I hate to say it, but that is one sick buck. :( The doe seems to be in a lot better condition.

Do you have any Vetericyn or ophthalmic ointment for his eyes? There is significant hairloss, which indicates his eyes have been weeping for quite some time.

It could be that they were irritated by heavy ammonia buildup, but if you see white mucous the dreaded "P" word comes to mind.

I would put him on unlimited hay and pellets, and add some grain to his rations- perhaps a TBSP twice daily to start, and work up to about 1/4 cup.

Worming them both may not be a bad idea, and check their ears for mites.

Hopefully it was just shoddy husbandry at fault for the buck's condition, and with a little TLC all will be well. :clover:

did you go get them, sorry to say I would have told him to go pound sand, about these rabbits.
he would still have them.
I hope the buck heals up. he looks like he will need a lot of TLC, but from your other posts about your rescues
he is in better hands now than he was before.
I hope they both produce many popples for you.

Latest posts

Back