Making changes to rabbits living quarters

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattdv

Reaction score
I am rolling over to water nipples on bottles from water bowls. Is there any good way to do this and make sure the rabbits dont dehydrate?
I also have to split up the two females into different cages. Same question as above: is there a best way to do this?

Thanks

Matt

My grow-outs currently go from bowls to autowaterers (nipples) at around 6 weeks having never seen a water nipple in their life. For the first day I put a bowl under the nipple and fill it twice a day from the nipple, so they can see water comes out of it. Second day I fill it once from the nipple. Third day I remove the bowl and make sure to push the plunger on the nipple a few times a day so that a drop or two of water sits on the end of the nipple. By the end of the third day they are normally all using it fine. I haven't lost a rabbit to this method yet...but of course I keep a close eye on them. Though generally once one figures it out they all do. My first litter that I've had in a cage with autowaterers are 3 weeks old and all starting to use the nipples, though I did put a bowl in there just in case.

As for separating the two does....just separate them, nothing special about that.

Back