Luna and Neville's Babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MKirst":nln07fms said:
I just found this thread looking for your bunnies ZRabbits .. Ohh my gosh they are so darling !! The white kits are so white !!

It's nice to know someone else has a litter the same age as mine posting their pictures. This is all new to me too with Jill being a first time mom and John a first time dad and myself a first time popples owner !!

I have been touching and playing with the 4 maniacs everyday. When I noticed the amount of pee each one did on a towel, I started cleaning the nextbox every couple days. I just change everything in the next box to brand new. Jill pulled Johns fur to reline the nest box the first time I cleaned it out, now John pulls his own fur and tucks them in while Jill watches from outside the hutch house !! :p

ZRabbits can they hear you talking to them yet ? I think that's so cute too, they pop around every time I do my "jimmying" at them.

Nice kiddo's you have there, looking forward to seeing them grow also. Sooo exciting !!

Thanks MKirst, it's been an amazing experience so far.

I don't really know yet about the hearing part, but I know they have started lifting their ears more so maybe they are starting to hear things. They are getting very active in the evening. All of them were out of the nest box again last night doing more exploring of their little world. Thankfully I did lower the water level because I had a swimmer, lol. The little white one is more active, or should I say more curious and found himself in the water. And it's so funny to watch them hop. All are learning and were practicing getting in and out of the nest box. Luna was a bit nervous, I guess because they were all over the place. One time they were all out and about and she was sitting in the nest box, looking at us like she was saying, look what happened? lol

Looking forward to the weekend so that I can take some updated pics. They are just growing like weeds. It's like they double in size over night.

Can't wait to see how your maniacs grow as well. Jill and John did a fine job creating those beautiful kits of yours.

Karen

ZRabbits":111n7zu1 said:
Update on Z-Babies:

Last night, well, easy way to explain it, the Tribe members, the new ones that is, decided they needed a walk about. Eyes opened and squinting. All of them. Funny as anything to see all babies out of the nest and walking about. Luna just looked at us. It's starting! They are mobile and seeing what's around them. Right away, lowered the water level in Luna's water bowl so we will not have any aquatics. Bunnies don't do well breathing water. Luna is taking it all in stride. So proud of the Tribe's First time Mum!

Karen

So glad!!!!<br /><br />__________ Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:29 pm __________<br /><br />
MKirst said:
Jill pulled Johns fur to reline the nest box the first time I cleaned it out, now John pulls his own fur and tucks them in while Jill watches from outside the hutch house !! quote]

:rotfl:

Thanks Garden Lady,

Babies are doing very well. And even eating hay now. Just couldn't believe it. They are just very small pieces but they are eating it. Amazing.

Well, now that their eyes are all open, the White are definitely REW's, and the chocolate babies have red eyes too. But they are healthy and that's all that matters. Amazing experience to watch these little animals thrive.

And I can't stop saying how proud I am of Luna. As a first time Mom, she's top notch!

Karen

ZRabbits":3659xf95 said:
Thanks Garden Lady,

Babies are doing very well. And even eating hay now. Just couldn't believe it. They are just very small pieces but they are eating it. Amazing.

Well, now that their eyes are all open, the White are definitely REW's, and the chocolate babies have red eyes too. But they are healthy and that's all that matters. Amazing experience to watch these little animals thrive.

And I can't stop saying how proud I am of Luna. As a first time Mom, she's top notch!

Karen

So glad Luna is doing such a great job! It is amazing how fast they start eating and walking around.

Luna and babies are doing well. Just love to watch them snuggle together. The biggest White one seems to be the pillow for all the rest, lol. He/she lays on his/her side and the rest pile on. They are now are cleaning themselves more and more. Plus grooming each other. Just love watching their little ears come up. Their eyes are opening wider each day. The smallest one has almost caught up in size with the rest, except for the Big White one. He/she is still the biggest. The second White one is my curious guy/gal. That's the swimmer. More adventurous than the rest and loves to explore. Yesterday, they weren't to active, just sleepy babies. It's like they go through spurts of energy and then need to rest. Plus they are just growing like weeds.

Luna appreciated the sleepy babies yesterday. She was more relaxed and could stretch out and rest. Knew where all her little ones were.

Looking forward to the weekend so that I can take more updated pics.

Karen<br /><br />__________ Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:28 am __________<br /><br />Babies more active yesterday. Watch as one by one came out, stretched their legs, hopped around, and found Mom's poo to nibble on. Luna wasn't as nervous with them being out of the nest box this time. Took it in stride. Even stretched out to rest as the babies explored. Babies have learned very well to get back into the nest box to pile together for their naps. This morning when I fed Luna, I was greeted by babies with ears up and eyes open. Just sweet little faces. Just amazing how fast they grow. My Vanilla and Chocolate babies. All solid coloring, and completely furred at 2 weeks. Truly look forward to seeing how they develop.

Karen

Latest posts

Back