Litter Training

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine Rabbits

Koren Family Farm LLC
Reaction score
I was thinking about trying to litter train a couple of my rabbits. How should I go about this? And what ideas do you guys have for litter box designs (and what to fill it with)?

I was thinking about trying to litter train a couple of my rabbits. How should I go about this? And what ideas do you guys have for litter box designs (and what to fill it with)?
Rabbits usually pretty much potty train themselves, since they tend to be fastidious and choose one spot to do their business. My suggestion is to keep them in their cage for a while and watch where they choose to pee, then put a litter tray there. Voila - litter trained! 😁 After they know their tray, you can usually move it around, at least a little, and they'll still use it, but it's best if you start with their cage in the place you want to keep the liter tray. I've known rabbits that came from up or downstairs to use their litter boxes. We had one little guy, a Netherland Dwarf named Raincloud, who would hold it for six hours while we were out with him, then rush to his corner in his cage as soon as we got home. :ROFLMAO:

As far as litter, I found that unscented cat litter was the best, either plain clay or a clumping wood litter called Feline Pine. Some folks will tell you to stay away from pine for rabbits, but I never had any troubles with it.

Latest posts

Back