Juno health update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curiouslagomorph

Reaction score
My Juno has recovered fully from conjunctivitis, but has not been eating very well.

I took her up the vets this night and I have be given an oral appetite stimulant for 6 days. An injection of it was done aswell.

Her pregnancy seems to have been absorbed or a false pregnancy as the vet palpated her. But I'm not very concerned, more worried about the doe.

She is completely off the pellets and only nibbles hay. Very unlike the greedy bunny she usually is.

Hopefully the stimulant gets her back to her lovely self again.I
Fingers crossed!

Is she vaccinated against VHD2?
@MsTemeraire

she's fully vaccinated against VHD1, VHD2 and myxamatosis.
with the nobivac triple vaccine.

all my rabbits are fully vaccinated after I lost three adults and four babies to rhd2 (also called vhd2, calcivirus) many years back.

She had jab months ago and is still protected until next year, so it's not the jab making her feel ill (it never did either).

She was checked for snuffles and cunniculi too and She's clear from both.

Thank you for asking

Last edited:
@MsTemeraire

she's fully vaccinated against VHD1, VHD2 and myxamatosis.
with the nobivac triple vaccine.

all my rabbits are fully vaccinated after I lost three adults and four babies to rhd2 (also called vhd2, calcivirus) many years back.
Usually just called VHD among rabbit people here in the UK, which is what it was known as when it first arrived here in the late 1980s/early 1990s [VHD1]. I lost a couple of vaccinated rabbits to suspected VHD2 a few months ago.

I

Usually just called VHD among rabbit people here in the UK, which is what it was known as when it first arrived here in the late 1980s/early 1990s [VHD1]. I lost a couple of vaccinated rabbits to suspected VHD2 a few months ago.
I found out about it when it was called rhd.
But I have heard it called vhd aswell.
it's actually quite new to my location, but myxomatosis has been near me for as long as I remember

Back