J-Feeder Questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
Which is better J-Feeder - One that is solid metal on the bottom or one with wire mesh, and why????

We have used 4 J-feeders, two of each type and I wondered by the difference?

If we purchase more at the local auction or a yard sale I wonder what type would be better.

We have Holland Lops and LionHeads if that makes a difference in your answer.

Thank you.

I'm new at this, but I believe the screened bottoms are preferred because they allow the fines (dust from the crushed pellets) fall through.

grumpy":4i3w66mh said:
Either Screened bottoms or perforated bottoms.

Some does will destroy that wire on the Fine-X feeders.

grumpy.

Were is the most economical place to purchase the screened or perforated bottoms if we only need 3 or 4?

Thank you.

I prefer the fine bottom feeders. So far we have not had any issues with them with our Lionheads or our Polish. As for where to find them between a yard sale or an auction, I was able to pick up several feeders at a local auction (it was a rabbit/rabbit supply only auction) for $1 each and they had a ton of them to choose from.

grumpy":2vf5hwla said:
http://www.klubertanz.com

Lighter weight breeds may not affect the wire bottoms as quickly and
efficiently as large meat breeds.

grumpy.

So are you saying that the Fine-x would be ok for Holland Lops?

I'm new at all this rabbit stuff.

Thank you!

If you are feeding a pellet diet or large grains then a bottom with some drainage is good because the dust will not accumulate. A lot less cleaning required. For feeding some pellet replacement mixes that include small oil seeds like flax or chia, dried herbs, or loose minerals you need a solid bottom.

Latest posts

Back