It's been awhile.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajharris

Reaction score
Hi guys! No I didn't drop off the face of the earth, but life got in the way. Since the last time I was here, a lot has happened. In May I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Between him and his siblings they keep me busy. The heat hasn't helped with anything either. It has been more of a pain in the rear than anything. We have had 48 consecutive days of 100 degree weather with no rain. Today God blessed us with cooler weather and 1/2 inch of rain. Due to the heat I have lost about 20 rabbits and over a dozen chickens. I lost my Rex buck which was the only Rex buck I had, now I am on the hunt for a new one. How has life been treating y'all?

Amanda

Congrats on the new edition/addition to the family, and it's great to hear that all is well.

Nice to see you back, Amanda! :) Congratulations on your new "popple"! (A picture would be nice when you have the time.)

It's been a hot summer all over, but here in our little corner of Southern Ontario, we have been very fortunate. I think our hottest day was around 90 degrees F. and right now we are enjoying much cooler weather, low 70s. Of course, this means I don't get to whine and complain about the weather the way most of you can. :roll:

Okay, here is a recent picture of my new popple :D He is now 7 months old and he is one of the happiest easy going babies I have ever been around. My computer crashed and I lost all my book marks, so I am just now remembering to look on HT to get to this sight.
301046_10150386206632356_815777355_8190703_567961191_n.jpg

Oh, Amanda! He is a doll....glad to see you here as well! Are you getting excited about your Rex from the Railroad?

What a handsome little people-popple. How is it that some babies look so wise? He looks like he is just gently amused and a little resigned to the absurdity of the world around him.

Ah well- that'll change in a couple of days when he's stuffing his mouth with ribbon and paper instead of unwrapping his presents.

Have fun with the little man- my littlest Monkey is nine now, and what the little old ladies say is so true... enjoy this time while you can, because it is all too short.

Have a Merry Christmas! Hope to get to know you better in 2012!

Thanks guys! His name is William Joseph. He goes by Billy :p He is such a sweet heart 99% of the time.

Yes! I am very excited about the rabbits! I sold all my Californians so I could afford the Rex! I am counting down the days like a kid counting down the days to Christmas LOL I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. God Bless you all!!!

Cattle Cait":xq0j7e2f said:
Aw, he's adorable! Congrats!

Good luck on finding Rex. They're getting uncommon, I've noticed, at least in these parts.

Cait, Amanda is one of the folks getting Rex from WI on the Rex Rabbit Railroad after New Year's Day! There are 14 rabbits traveling from WI all the way to Texas and stops along the way. WE are all super excited.... :D :D :D

OneAcreFarm":w0ovjrtc said:
Cait, Amanda is one of the folks getting Rex from WI on the Rex Rabbit Railroad after New Year's Day! There are 14 rabbits traveling from WI all the way to Texas and stops along the way. WE are all super excited.... :D :D :D

You must make it a condition of delivery that each recipient join RT! I am super excited to have more Rex-Obsessed join me and Caroline and Duman on RT! Maybe, if you are very lucky, an Astrex or two may turn up in future litters! WOOT!

I dont know if you stopped going on RT before I joined but good to see you back :)
Congrats on your new baby. Billy is very adorable!

Beautiful baby! I only had girls...he looks so content! Congrats on the new Rex buck too. I didn't know that they were so hard to find. I have Mini Rex and I love them! We also have Polish and Thriantas and one Black New Zealand doe who is our barn mascot.

In the south Rex are extremely hard to find. When I lived in Colorado, there was an unending supply of them. I sold all of my rabbits but my one Rex doe for these two rabbits on the Rex Railroad.

TariLynn":t2x2pkbi said:
Beautiful baby! I only had girls...he looks so content! Congrats on the new Rex buck too. I didn't know that they were so hard to find. I have Mini Rex and I love them! We also have Polish and Thriantas and one Black New Zealand doe who is our barn mascot.

Tarilyn,

We have MiniRex out the wazoo here in Texas, but not really many Standard Rex...the breeder in WI says that there are so many Std. Rex breeders in WI that the market is totally saturated there, so it works out for all of us.

Back