I Think We All Have This Feeling.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have scars from rabbit sorting days in the colonies.

The only time my Rex are evil is when they are little and not used to handling. In fact, I am liberally lacerated currently since culling through 3 litters yesterday. :roll: Those baby nails are sharp! :x

The Satins, on the other hand, can be rather unpredictable even as adults... which is partly why I keep nails trimmed.

As with everything, there is a bright side to getting slashed at random by the little buggers... it makes it a lot easier to send them to freezer camp. :twisted:

I LOVE the t-shirt! I can't even count the times I've had to tell people, no I'm not a "cutter" you don't have to worry about me, I just raise rabbits! :lol:

MamaSheepdog":s71av2l3 said:
The only time my Rex are evil is when they are little and not used to handling. In fact, I am liberally lacerated currently since culling through 3 litters yesterday. :roll: Those baby nails are sharp! :x

Baby nails are the worst!! I have to add that occasionally my "teenage" hormonal does can also be a little evil.

MamaSheepdog":s71av2l3 said:
As with everything, there is a bright side to getting slashed at random by the little buggers... it makes it a lot easier to send them to freezer camp. :twisted:
I never thought this to be true until this current litter of 9! I am so over them. Especially after last night's tattooing escapades. 4 of this litter were promised to our church Men's Group for their "wild" game dinner. I won't be too sad to see them go! :lol:

I tell anyone who goes 'eeeewwwww, you EAT bunnies!?!?!' that I don't eat bunnies, I eat rabbits and they stop being cute when they start auditioning for the lead in the newest slasher movie.

someone gave me a rabbit that they couldnt care for anymore. she was obviously NOT socialized, and she boxes my hand and has tried to bite me when i'm going to pet her. tomorrow shes going to freezer camp at a friends house!!! She's a really pretty rabbit, but i can't sell her as a pet. Besides, i need that cage within the next couple of weeks. i have 9 bunnies that are going in the growout hutch at the end of the month

Random Rabbit":i4c25gx1 said:
Oh yes..... Rabbits are sooooo cute and cuddly :)
:rotfl:

MamaSheepdog":i4c25gx1 said:
Remember that day 41 litter with two alive? Well, when it finally came to butchering day for the one that was left (the other lived only 2 weeks), the kids were both a bit sad.

Until he slashed Bunny-Wan Kenobi's arms open. His big sister Galadriel took that very personally, and quite happily dispatched the rabbit responsible herself. :cool:

3mina":i4c25gx1 said:
I tell anyone who goes 'eeeewwwww, you EAT bunnies!?!?!' that I don't eat bunnies, I eat rabbits and they stop being cute when they start auditioning for the lead in the newest slasher movie.
That's exactly what my husband says! "I don't eat bunnies; I eat rabbits. They aren't cute and fuzzy any more when they're big enough for freezer camp." I'll have to tell him the other part of yours, though. :lol:

You should see the scratches all over my legs right now. I didn't wake up this morning with any; but after handling a grumpy nursing doe I got one or two deep cuts that kept bleeding. THEN I had to pin down Free Ranging Bunny when I found two different infected injuries on him. (FYI: you can pick up and carry Free Ranging Bunny. You cannot hold Free Ranging Bunny.) Now my legs look like... somebody went at me with a blunt-ish knife. :no:

Somewhere is that post where the Rex buck bit a hole in my palm. I still have the scar a year later. It took two people to pry a MR off my hand years ago when I was just raising for pets. I'd had her since she was 8 weeks old.

Socializing or not, some buns just aren't born tame.

I wanted to make one of those "this is what people think I do" posters for FB about rabbits.

Back