I must rember only one. PICs Added

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerz

Reaction score
Later on today I am going to the Lionhead breeders where I got my buns from. I am going to pick up the
lil girl bun I wanted that was to young to leave last time. Now the problem comes in to play ... I know I will probably see even more I want. :( It's gonna be sooooooooo hard to leave with just one ... I am not a strong person when it comes to saying no to critters. The funny part is I never intended to get Lionheads in the first place, I was looking for EA & couldn't find any in my area ... so my daughter found a local breader for the Lions & brought me there to pick out two (I ended up with three) as birthday gifts. The one I thought was cutest was too young to leave so I reserved her, now it's time to go get her.

If I keep gettin Lions I wont have room to get the other breeds I would like to check out. I want to get a :bunnyhop: (dutch: the first pet rabbit I was shown), EA if I can find local if not a friend told me to check out JW, either Holland or Mini Lops (I like both but only want one Lop breed).

I'm babling on too much ... sorry.

Jane

Aw c'mon Maggie. Who could go to a place full of bunrabs and only look at one? Certainly no one on this board. :p

If I keep gettin Lions I wont have room to get the other breeds I would like to check out.

Just keep this point in mind, along with your future goals, and don't invest in more than you are willing to care for. Sometimes it's hard, and we all want more than we initially planned for. :lol: Stay strong, and don't let the breeder convince you into anything more than you went there for. Their goals are not your goals.

I feel your pain! I'm going back to the breeder I got my creme buck from this weekend for another doe. I know I only need her, and that I don't have the room right now to get another breed, but the breeder has new champagne kits and it'll be a challenge not to bring them home too. Champagnes are a breed I do want to add someday for sure, but not right now.

Stay strong. You can do this! ;)

ojay, looks like we need to develop temporary blinders for bunny pickup day--- I wonder how much it costs to patent such an article?

You could send a trusted friend to pick up the rabbit for you with strict instructions not to get you any extras. Of course, the friend may come back with several of their own but at least you'll have just gotten your one rabbit with minimal temptation.

MaggieJ":5p7tyden said:
Better tell us all about it, Jane. You'll feel better when you find out how much company you have. :roll:

:lol:
Well I went to pick up a beautiful lil blue pointed white doe with the double maned gene, but dang it the sex change fairy hit :evil: I reserved it saying I only wanted it if it was a female & since it wasn't someone else now had a reserve on him ... so I had to look at the other buns so I could pick a different doe. Doing this means I just had to look at them all :roll:

I first found an adorable lil REW doe out of the same lines as the bun I had intended to get, not as typie as the other but nice.

Then I noticed a Harlequin buck I had looked at last time was still there, nicely put together but a lil thin on the mane.

Then I notice a cage with two adult Harlequin one of wich is trying very hard to get attention, so I have to hold her ... she is 9 months old & was held back with her sister as a keeper till the breeder could deside between them ... well she desided on the sister (who had the better mane). I asked if she had ever been bred as of yet (just wanting to know so I would be ready incase) & was told no, but I could pick a male & have her bred if I wanted. So we (my daughter & myself) did & she was. we went for type over color (no idea what color or patterns will come from this pairing buck is a broken blue).

heading to the door thinking we are all done (stupid me) I stop to pet the mom of my black buck at home & notice a tiny lil white nose peeking out from behind her. When I asked who is that I was told it is the brother of my black buck, I'm thinking no way this lil guy is way to small but she insisted he was. So he was just to adorable & lil to leave behind.

So I went to get one & came home with four (two REW & two Harlequin) none of wich are the one I went for. :oops:

Jane

Cattle Cait":13xito8j said:
Harlie patterned Lions or real Harlies???

Lions with Harlie markings.<br /><br />__________ Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:23 am __________<br /><br />Here they are:

Pixy
[album]465[/album]

Twix (I had to cut off his mane today :cry: to get a thorny twig out of it)
[album]467[/album]

Sweetie (dang blackberry twig :evil: )
[album]463[/album]

Cadbury (ignor his green spots, he realy gets in to his fresh greens)
[album]461[/album]

Back