I must be a "real" rabbit person now...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhjmom

Reaction score
I must be a "real" rabbit person now... I'm dreaming about bunnies!! LOL!

I very rarely dream, but last night I had a dream that we had two white kits in the nest box and when I got up this morning to check on them they had changed colors. What makes it more weird? We have no white kits or even white rabbits in our herd! Not a really strange or significant dream except for the fact it is the first proof rabbits have infiltrated my subconscious! LOL!

Anyone else dream about rabbits and want to share?

no , but i have been begging my wife for her to allow me to sleep with a rabbit ... yeah i just want to cuddle in bed with it ( and my wife of course ) ... but she freaks out when i even bring up the idea

I am not sure if it is about rabbits per say... but I keep dreaming about the new bunny barn I want to build. it shall be 16' X 20', and oh the possibilities! :p

Miss M":onyfu1u7 said:

That's a bizarre dream!! Lol!!

Sagebrush":onyfu1u7 said:
I am not sure if it is about rabbits per say... but I keep dreaming about the new bunny barn I want to build. it shall be 16' X 20', and oh the possibilities! :p

Yeah, I keep dreaming about a bunny barn, too, but that is more of a day-dream, and I have to find a way to get the new house and bigger yard to go with it first! Lol!!

I had a bizarre dream brought on no doubt by the fact that we spent the day revamping the growout area. I posted about it in the chatbox when it happened, so copied the text here:

I had the strangest dream this morning, where I had moved to a new place, and set up a bunch of cages in the front yard, but also in this huge long room in the house. The entire wall, which must have been 40’ long, had cages three tiers high. But I also had hamsters, and the babies kept getting out, and I had some rabbits out too because the doors had wire loop closures, and I didn’t fasten them properly.

Then, a friend of mine (who raises Satins) came over and wanted me to help her do a bunch of stuff with her rabbits, fill in and level the floor in her tackroom (which she doesn’t even have- her tack is kept in the tackroom of her horse trailer) and who knows what else. I told her that no, I couldn’t at the moment, as I still had to feed and water, and move rabbits around since I didn’t even recognize most of them.

As I was feeding and watering, I found a dead rabbit in a cage with another, and the body was all crispy. When I started to move it, I could see movement under the skin, so it was full of maggots. :sick: I got a garbage bag for it... but thankfully woke up before getting back to deal with it. :roll:

fhjmom":nj1cwdqw said:
I must be a "real" rabbit person now... I'm dreaming about bunnies!! LOL!

I very rarely dream, but last night I had a dream that we had two white kits in the nest box and when I got up this morning to check on them they had changed colors. What makes it more weird? We have no white kits or even white rabbits in our herd! Not a really strange or significant dream except for the fact it is the first proof rabbits have infiltrated my subconscious! LOL!

Anyone else dream about rabbits and want to share?

I havn't dreamed about rabbits yet. but the white kits comment caught my attention. I bred two Black Japanese(black and orange) Harlequins together , there was one lilac japanese in the line on the pedigree. I expected to get all Black Japanese, but was kinda hoping for a lilac. well about half the litter turned out to half be magpie's (white and black). it was a shocking but pleasant surprise. my other doe also Black Japanese to a black Japanese had kits this afternoon. I only got a quick glance at her kits.... but one looked almost completely white... so I am very curious to see how they turn out as they get older.

Yossi":2y3e7oi1 said:
no , but i have been begging my wife for her to allow me to sleep with a rabbit ... yeah i just want to cuddle in bed with it ( and my wife of course ) ... but she freaks out when i even bring up the idea

If you want to wake up covered in rabbit pee, bunny berries and fur... :mrgreen:

I frequently dream about my rabbits getting out, or being in the wrong cages, or there being too many of them that I'd lost track of and I can't figure it all out... Somebody let them out or put them away wrong and now there are breedings I didn't know about, litters all mixed up, promising kits missing, etc.

Sometimes dreams don't mean anything that I can figure out, but these are pretty straightforward anxiety dreams, I suppose.

SB

SBSF":3ikykbr7 said:
Sometimes dreams don't mean anything that I can figure out, but these are pretty straightforward anxiety dreams, I suppose.

I guess we should be thankful that our "nightmares" are populated (poppleated? :? ) by rabbits... :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny:

...my Hubs has tidal wave and tornado dreams. Much scarier, I'm sure! :nightmare: :tornado:

CDiana":3km8whuh said:
I havn't dreamed about rabbits yet. but the white kits comment caught my attention. I bred two Black Japanese(black and orange) Harlequins together , there was one lilac japanese in the line on the pedigree. I expected to get all Black Japanese, but was kinda hoping for a lilac. well about half the litter turned out to half be magpie's (white and black). it was a shocking but pleasant surprise. my other doe also Black Japanese to a black Japanese had kits this afternoon. I only got a quick glance at her kits.... but one looked almost completely white... so I am very curious to see how they turn out as they get older.

ooooohhh! I can't wait to "see" those kits! Very interesting.

I added two pictures to the gallery, the white one changed to orange. its interesting what only a few days makes. :)

I had a weird one just this morning-- carrying all sorts of rabbits, all different ages, in my pockets, bra, shoulder bag, etc.. and I was moving from one home to another at the time---

Okay, so I either need to get a bigger place so I won't have to think about moving, or get out of rabbits entirely--- umm, guess what WON'T happen....

Back