I love popcorn

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make popcorn all the time!!!!! Hubby and I used to say we were going to open a 'Popcorn Bar' with all the flavored popcorns we make!

you can have butter but not popcorn?

wild diet woman :)

I LOVE popcorn
caramel popcorn and popcorn flavoured jelly belly beans

you guys made me hungry!!

Low carb is a strange diet all right, but it has been highly effective for me. I lost 75 pounds in about 8 months and then I maintained for a year by relaxing it just slightly. Lately I've been a little careless and gained back 3 or 4 pounds. Time to start again from the beginning.

So yes, I can have meat, eggs, cheese, fish free choice and reasonable quantities of non-starchy vegetables. I can have butter, fat, nuts etc. in reasonable amounts. No flour, sugar, fruit, grain, potatoes, starchy veggies etc. And no popcorn!

Maggie,
I am sure you can have potatoes
and any of the other GREAT TASTING carbs,
just not everyday. Yep those Carbs will getcha
if your not careful. But, everything in moderation
just like we feed the rabbits. I hear you but,
sometimes you've just got to indulge yourself!
After all, you're only human! With human frailties, human wants
and human lack of resistance to temptations of those forbidden foods.
Once in awhile let yourself go and enjoy the bounty.
It won't do much harm as long as you get back up on the Horse on the next day or two.
Ottersatin. [Been there, Do that!]

Pickles":3mcb0v6f said:
I had buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Belly jellybeans the other day that were just Yummmm! :)

The next time you're in a mall candy shop, get a scoop of buttered popcorn Jelly Bellies and mix it with a scoop of cinnamon Jelly Bellies. Addictive doesn't even begin to describe what you'll be going thru afterward.<br /><br />__________ Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:56 pm __________<br /><br />
MaggieJ":3mcb0v6f said:
Low carb is a strange diet all right, but it has been highly effective for me. I lost 75 pounds in about 8 months and then I maintained for a year by relaxing it just slightly. Lately I've been a little careless and gained back 3 or 4 pounds. Time to start again from the beginning.

So yes, I can have meat, eggs, cheese, fish free choice and reasonable quantities of non-starchy vegetables. I can have butter, fat, nuts etc. in reasonable amounts. No flour, sugar, fruit, grain, potatoes, starchy veggies etc. And no popcorn!

Maggie, you need to be careful. Sure, you lost all that weight, but in the end, much of the foods you listed are also high in saturated fats which are also not good for you.

And over time, that kind of diet can lead to a variety of health problems. As Otter said, take it in moderation and indulge yourself once in a while.

Otter and Billy, thanks for your concern. I'm careful. After about a week on low-carb, excess fat loses its allure. I eat lots of healthy vegetables with a bit of butter... not slathers. Actually, I think low-carb from whole foods is a lot lower in saturated fat than many of "normal diets" containing hidden fats in processed foods. A lot of people don't have a clue what they are really eating. I'm far healthier than I was. Blood tests normal and blood pressure much, much better. And much less at risk too of developing Type 2 diabetes. :)

Maggie Congratulations on the loss! It sounds as if you have things under control. Nothing wrong with lots of veggies, whole foods and lean meat. I myself can't seem to give up the popcorn....

Thanks, Leanne. :) I've still got a long way to go, but I'm gearing up for another round. Those carbs are addictive! It takes about two weeks before you stop missing them. Then it's pretty easy to pass up the popcorn.

Apologies, Ann, for the thread drift. I didn't mean it to turn into a hijacking!

Maggie, (and others) there is a smart way to do low carb and a foolish way. The smart way has you eating lots of fresh veggies and fish and low-fat protein(rabbit!), good diet advice for anyone, the foolish way has you eating bacon by the pound and cheese on everything.

I can't imagine Maggie doing it the foolish way with as much as she knows about nutrition. But I have to admit when you said lo-carb it was the grease-soaked version devoid of fresh food that first came to mind. I had to remind myself of who I know you to be through your writing here.

I, myself, use the smart way on occasion--I remember my mother saying "I'll skip the bread, I need to loose a few pounds." Though I never make fresh fruit off limits. That's just crazy talk! :)

MaggieJ":17azioin said:
Thanks, Leanne. :) I've still got a long way to go, but I'm gearing up for another round. Those carbs are addictive! It takes about two weeks before you stop missing them. Then it's pretty easy to pass up the popcorn.

Apologies, Ann, for the thread drift. I didn't mean it to turn into a hijacking!
How can you have a thread drift from a thread that simply says "Just sayin' "? :rotfl:

I tried a no carb diet once and couldn't stick to it :( I do use a HIGH protein/low carb "kickstart" when I've been in a plateau tho. I can keep it up for maybe a week...but usually a couple of days is enough to start me losing again.

hmmm...I need to do the kickstart again. I've been at the same for a few months now. ....my my..how time flies. It was April just yesterday.

My fosterdad used to go on low carb diets, but he MUST have been doing it wrong. He always gopt SOOOO moody and angry wehn he was following it, and as soon as he stoped, he gained every ounce back, and then some.\

Congrats on all the weight loss, Maggie! I know it can be very hard to kick the weight off. I have never had a problem, but kids really don't, normally. I have watched my motherinlaw struggle with health problems caused by being overweight, and those problems also seem to make it harder for her to lose weight.

My grammas firm belief is, lots of movement, fat, vegetables, and some meat, lol. I think whatever works.

(oh, and I also believe a high fat diet is great for you, as long as its good fat. I am constantly hungry when I limit it.)

I went on a low carb diet and lost 10 pounds... then I completely lost my will to stay on it, and just couldn't keep going with it. Then I found out I was pregnant... :lol:

After Bunny-Wan Kenobi was born, I went back on it. But I felt really sick and had bad headaches, so I couldn't continue. :(

I didn't have weight problems before I developed IBS in college. Blech.

Latest posts

Back