I didn't know there were so many ways to fry an egg.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would NOT eat eggs the way you cook them. :) My eggs have to be good and dead (cooked completely through) before I'll eat them. I tend to prefer them very flat or scrambled.

Over Light - NOT Over Easy. Over easy has raw whites. I want raw yolk and cooked whites. Do them in schmaltz and you get just a hint of brown edges. Served with a though of salt and plenty of fresh cracked black pepper.

But then, I usually just make scrambles. Hot pan, constant stir, then FLIP to finish. Bacon fat is the best for scrambles, though schmaltz or butter will do fine too. Served with ketchup, magnifique!

I prefer mine over medium...completely cooked white and runny yolk and since I really don't want crispy edged egg whites I cook on a lower heat using butter with a few drops of oil to prevent butter from browning ..but mostly do omelette with cheese or scrambled as it so quick and easy...Owning ducks I make more duck than chicken eggs now so must lower the heat or they end up over cooked...nobody wants a egg that is like rubber😅

Back