How to i get my rabbits to be friendly?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sliver_fox_lover

Red_Wood_Farms
Reaction score
Hiya so I has rabbits born a couple days before the start of December (we didn't breed them) and I would like them to get friendlier, they flip out when you grab them or stick your arm in the cage to move them to clean it, but once you hold them for a second there fine, I need help getting them to not do that, any tips?

Handle them for 30 minutes a day everyday at least. You should also try and and give them pen time where sit/lay in the pen with them without touching/grabbing them, maybe hand feed them treats as well., this will help them see you as less of a threat. Because they are pray animals grabbing them can cause stress as that is what predators do, so moving slow and calmly and making sure they don't see you as a threat is key.

Lots of personal contact. I’ve got a 11 month old buck I got from someone else. Have had him 2 months and he still is super shy. But he’s improving. Whereas he used to sit balled up in the back corner of his cage, he now only withdraws if I approach him with my fingers out. If I make a fist, he’ll let me rub him and is generally tolerant. Start from day 1 handling them and they’ll get there.

Latest posts

Back