How many babies will a mini lop rabbit have on average?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
We are just wondering approximately how many babies will a mini lop rabbit have?

Thank you!

3-10. :p: Mini rabbits depend a lot on what that line has been bred for. Even dwarf rabbits occasionally throw 5+ but not as often and usually not from true dwarf. I had a line of chocolate mini rex give birth to 3-5 and a line of blues give birth to 5-8.

The smallest for me is usually 2-3 (my favorite numbers) and the largest I've had is about 8-9 (it's actually been a while since I've had those number; my bloodline now doesn't produce usually more than 5) . However, I rather only grow out the 4-5 strongest ones max. I don't like the litters to big because it's just too much to keep up with as a show breeder. The less the better for my small rabbitry. I can barely remember what I ate yesterday, but I can keep a metal log of 4-6 different litters as log as there aren't too many in the litter. lol

I only have 2 Mini Lops, a Black Chin doe and a Broken Black Steel buck... she is VERY stubborn when it comes to breeding. But the 2 times that she took she had 7. Not all survived, but she had 7 both times, and all her babies are doing really well.
She seriously deserves a Mom-of-the-Year award... she is amazing... her first litter (of 7, her first ever litter), lost 4. She pulled a TON of fur, because it was fairly cold, and she did it 3 different times, on colder mornings.... I couldnt believe she had fur left on her she pulled so much lol...
The second litter (also 7) for some reason was born 8 days premature... 6 died, she kept the last one alive, black chin buck... It's been a month as of tuesday that i sold him :) he was like the sweetest ever rabbit, because he was the only one, so he got all the snuggles :D

Latest posts

Back