Hopping Happy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currituckbun

Reaction score
So hubby has gotten bitten by the whole mini farm idea. This Fall, with the help of our 14 year old son, He tore off the rotted siding of the barn and put up new , painted the whole thing, and installed screen doors and locks to the bunny barn part in the back. Phase II is now underway. I now have an eight foot privacy fence enclosing a 40 x 70 foot area off the back of the barn. This will allow for the new bunny exercise run and the six new chicks we just added. The next project is the coop, raised beds , and the rabbit porch/lean to expansion. This will add two very large grow out cages and 4 outside holes. They not only did that but they got me 3 apple trees and we planted them last weekend. We are all sore but very happy with the results of all the hard work.
In between all of this, they managed to sell 4 bunnies today to the tune of $160.
I think I may have the best husband and son in the world.

My wife and I built an 8 foot cage and renovated the bunny barn this weekend as well. My kids took care of removing everything and cleaning while her and I put the new cage in and took some pictures. It is great working as a family. If it weren't for the cuteness of the bunnies I doubt this would be happening. lol

Currituckbun, sounds like a great start for a mini farm. The family involvement will make it even more rewarding for all when you reap the benefits. I hope you got different varieties of apple tree (some won't pollinate others).

How wonderful! I love it when everybody gets involved in a project. It is sometimes hard to coordinate everyone's schedules or drum up interest, and when it all comes together it is so nice!

Keep up the good work!

arachyd":3s6y11ub said:
Currituckbun, sounds like a great start for a mini farm. The family involvement will make it even more rewarding for all when you reap the benefits. I hope you got different varieties of apple tree (some won't pollinate others).

Yes indeed and they need to bloom around the same time too. We got Red delicious and Jonathins, both late bloomers.

Sounds wonderful. It's nice to be able to make it a family endeavor, anybody got a family they want to lend me?

Can I borrow your hubby for a couple of weeks to hang around my city-boy hubby? Maybe some of that farm stuff will rub off on him if it comes from another man.

Latest posts

Back